Why is a guy more affectionate when he is drunks?

Ok so there is this guy that I really like and we have been hanging out for over a month now. We hang out several times a week and talk everyday, and are both in our early thirties. We met on a dating website and he said he wants a relationship. Ok here is the question details... He admitted he is very shy and it took 3 dates before he kissed me. He has introduced me to his twin sister and several of his friends, and we hang out with his best friend and his girlfriend all the time. He always introduces me as his "friend", but makes sure he does introduce me to everyone. When we hang out during the day and/or when he is not drinking he does not kiss me he will always hug me goodbye tight and sometimes kiss my neck. When he has had a few drinks he gets really affectionate and makes comments about us dating, and always kisses me goodbye multiple times. Two weeks ago he was really drunk and he introduced me his girlfriend to an old friend. Then last weekend after being out with some people him and I went to get early breakfast after the bars closed and he wanted to hold my hands across the table and he made a point to show me on his phone that he has not been talking to other girls on the website that we met on. He also asked me for pictures of my exes cuz he "wanted to see what kind of wierdos I dated". Should I not be talking to other guys? Is he looking for a relationship with me or does he just want to be friends? Is he just shy and slow moving? We have not slept together or done anything other than kissing, we have talked about it and he makes comments about it. I'm just looking for some guy advice on the situation please.

He also has told me that I he has talked about me to some of his coworkers and brags about how I take care of myself. He says that he has never had a girlfriend that could take care of herself financially before.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah he likes you And he's just shy. When we drink, our desires kinda amplify and we'll become more courageous and assertive which is why he'll kiss you and introduce you as his Girlfriend etc. Him showing that he's not talking to other girls is him proving his loyalty to you. Since you haven't had sex yet he might be a little insecure about the relationship status too (obviously don't know the guy though). As I say to most people dealing with shy guys: try to get him as comfortable with you as possible so he'll dare to express himself fully. That helps him build confidence and makes it easier for you to talk to him
    Good luck :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I just think it is easier for him to talk about these things when he is drunk. I do believe and stand by this, "A drunk mouth speaks a sober mind". I am seeing someone that does the same thing... a little affectionate at first but after a couple beers it becomes more and more. So I encourage him to drink. Lol. Kidding. But I do like it. ;-)

What Guys Said 2

• Well us guys don't let our emotions out too easily, as you probably already know. Since drinking lowers your inhibitions, it also helps us with our emotions too.

• No inhibitions

What Girls Said 0