Girls! Have you ever confronted a guy or asked a guy out before? How did it go? And how did you go about it?

Most Helpful Guy

• rejection isn't the end of the world.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have asked guys out a few times... some that come to mind (these all happened in my 20's)

1) I met him at work, he worked in another department. I had a total crush on him. We had spoken a few times and exchanged a couple of emails. I always got really nervous around him and ended up asking him out over email (cowardly I know). I sent him a multiple choice question "would you like to..." and gave him some options - movie, dinner, and two others I can't recall, with the last option being "none of the above". He chose movie and we ended up watching it at my house. The date didnr go well as he sat in a chair where I couldnt sit next to him, talked quickly, and as soon as the movie finished he jumped up and said thanks, goodbye and took off. I was shattered and thought he must not have liked me and tremied to think what I had done. I now think maybe he was just really nervous too. I saw him years later and he told me he's afraid to date pretty women as he feared they will leave him.
    2) I met a guy at swimming club, we got on well and I developed a crush on him. I had a work function and everyone was bringing partners. I rang him and asked him to come. He said he would have loved to except he has a girlfriend (oops). It felt awkward and I just froze and didn't know what to say. He must've realised how I felt and started talking to me about other things - he had a lot of compassion in his tone of voice.
    3) I got a crush on another guy at swimming club and asked him if he wanted to hangout with my friends at a bar (not really a date). I asked him in person to accompany me to a work party, he agreed. There was free food, drinks, dancing, and the company paid for us to stay in a hotel. On the dance floor a guy friend whispered in my ear to make a move since he said 'my guy' was hanging back unsure about making the first move. I hesitated and my friend kept glaring at me to encourage me. My heart was pounding with nerves but I eventually stepped in closer to him and cautiously out my arms around him thinking he might reject me. He immediately out his arms around me and pulled me close and pretty much didn't let go for the rest of the night. A few drinks later we were in our hotel room alone and he kissed me - omg, 15 years later he is still the best kisser. We got down to underwear and he kissed most of my body. We went out only once more after that night and then he relocated for work so I never saw him again. I never had sex with him though now wish I did.

What Guys Said 1

• It saves me the work half the time and I love it. I have had women approach me occasionally, and I find it a turn on. It's because I am so used to approaching them, it's rare to see them come to me. Please do this more often ladies lol.

• And yes sometimes you do get rejected. I even had women tell me in my face that I am weird and told me to get away from her. No big deal, I just felt like she was the one missing out something good. It happens.

What Girls Said 18

• As I recall, when I was 15, I was talking to my now boyfriend and we were playing chicken about who'd admit feelings first and I said, "fine, I like you. Happy now?" And he went bonkers (very mature).

And if I recall correctly, when I was 18 I straight up asked his parents for permission to ask him to prom. And then I did. And he said yes. And now I'm 22 and he's going to be mine forever lmao

So... I'd say it went fairly successfully.

• Oh my gosh such surreal situation <3
      If only my first ask out turns out like that
      Last long

• Sadly, the only guy I plucked up enough guts to ask out (I did it by text) completely ignored me. A week later, I asked again just in case he didn't get the first text, and I got ignored again. Lucky for me, the next guy to ask me out turned into a long term relationship!

But my bad experience would not stop me from asking a guy out if I really liked him. Sometimes you just have to put yourself out there. You don't want to live with regrets and the wondering of 'what if'.

• What a jerk move!!! He could've politely turned you down instead. That's why I like to stay on the safe side, I just act flirty and throw some hints.

• I almost always do the asking out. I find its the only way to get anything done because the guys I have gone out with seem to want to wait around a lot. It's always gone over well. Sometimes I just directly say, hey lets do something sometime, but others I will turn the conversation towards hanging out and give them a very obvious cue to grab onto. A few examples. One guy I went on a few dates with lived in a city very near the smaller town I lived in and I was saying I regretted I hadn't explored the city enough to which he said he knew it well if I ever needed a tour guide. So I said I might need to take him up on that and then the date followed from there. (The second time we went out was because I texted him thank you and said my upcoming weekend was looking relatively free compared to my usual schedule if he wanted to meet again).
    Another example, the guy I'm currently talking to was someone I met in a class who had been increasingly showing me attention and talking to me. He friended me on Facebook and was liking everything I posted. I put up a status about national pancake day specifically aimed at seeing if he would respond. It had asked for someone to make pancakes with me in celebration. He latched onto the opportunity and ended up coming to my room to hang out. Even so, he didn't initiate anything after so just a few days ago I reminded him that we had planned to hang out again and he didn't hesitate to suggest we get Icecream sometime.

I think it's good to be forward like this. It takes the pressure off the guy to initiate everything and you don't even have to go all the way with a plan and stuff, you can just bring it up and then he won't feel so nervous to take the lead because he knows you're interested.

• I'd like to try to make the first move with the next guy I find myself interested in, and get the feeling that he could be interested. I guess I've approached a guy first and he was super receptive. I think guys probably really appreciate being approached

• mm! It was embarssing.

• I've asked A LOT of dudes out and never been rejected before. I always made sure that they liked me as well before asking.

• I've asked a guy out before so far and plan on asking anyone else I'm interested in the future out too. I got rejected but izzzz all good! I actually found someone I like much more than the guy I asked out so maybe I'll ask this guy soon.

• I have confronted a guy I liked... turns out he didn't feel the same but at the end of the day I was happy that I had enough courage to ask him. Go for it hun only good things can come from it! He could regect u and then you would no that he's not worth the time and that there's someone better coming yr way. Or he could like u and well... Need I say more😁

• When both act mature about it, you can feel good even when rejected. Because you had the courage, and it wasn't that bad. I mean, it's bad, but it could have been worse

• One rejected me
    And the other 2 thought I meant a friendly going out
    Oh well

• I have that issue right now I like this guy and he seems to like me but he's shy and I'm afraid to go talk to him since it's he's work place and I lose my extrovert powers and I become chicken little my friend says I need to become Stuart little and go talk to him but I'm a nervous ball I had the perfect chance the other day and I let it go I waited until he left the register so I can go pay.

• Why do you use the word, "confronted?" That is very antagonistic and certainly does not represent asking a guy out. No I have never confronted a guy but I have asked a few out. Wow

• How did it turn out?
      (agree on the confronting thing)

• Hmmm that was a friendly laugh, meaning I was joking.
      Sorry you interpreted it that way :(

• :( wow that escalated quickly :(

"hahaha" meaning that I'm laughing at what I said myself (obviously joking as stated with the hahaah)
      And then followed with a honest and serious question.
      But ok...

• I asked if guy to man up and just admit he liked me... we're dating ando all's well for the most part.

• It didn't go so well lol..

But when it was over, I didn't have the "what if" feeling.

• I did ask a guy out and things did not work out well. Things were very awkward between us. It wasn't on my part, but his. Needless to say, we have spoken since...

• Yep. A handful of times. They all said no lol

• yeah i did tell my crush i like him and i got REJECTED hahahaha but now i am trying to be just friends with him

• Was it a good rejection?

• @mikemx55 well he said thanks for being honest and don't worry about it but then he disappeared for a week then I text him what's up and now we're talking again :)

• I have, but not to be official. I just asked him if he wanted to do stuff with me and he was like, yeah! We went out for coffee and did random shit together and the date went pretty well. A lot of chemistry between us.
    I was really casual about it and did it in a breeze. Then again, I already knew him because we have class together and usually bullshit around like idiots. Haha So yeah, when you ask him out to do stuff, be cool about it. You're not asking him to marry you so no big deal. What I said was, "sometime this week, you wanna get coffee?" He was like yeah for sure. If he says yeah, awesome, pick me up at this time? No be like, "All good, maybe another time when you're free?" And that's it. Go about it from there.
    In all honesty, it's all about how comfortable you are with him. Luckily for me, we were already talking a lot and worked together often in class. Plus we sat together, and still do.

• Actually how my fiancé and I got together as more than friends. There I was, sitting with my best friend. Now we knew we had feelings for a while but I had been saying no to dating. Kinda difficult when you're both in the military and different branches at that. And I up and said it. "I've been thinking and I want to try. I want to try US. Let's go out Saturday." Thought he was going to break his face with how big his smile got. Saturday rolls around and it was amazing. Four years and three deployments between the two of us (which isn't any cake walk) and we're still together.
    But directness and being straightforward is the best policy honestly. Best of luck!