Do I ask him out?

He's 48, I am 40. He has been single for ages and we seem to get on well. He has a son, and I have kids of similar age. He has flirted with me lots, but is never the first to text me. Sometimes he will call in response to my text. Usually I would just bite the bullet and ask him out but I am holding back as I am unsure how he feels about me. the reason being he goes from saying 'yeah babe', to 'ok mate', to 'let me know boss'. Its really confusing. And to be fair, I don't know how he acts with other women, to know if my situation is unique or not and maybe he flirts with everyone and I just don't know!

Very confused and don't know what to do. I have embarrassed myself too many times in the last few years, I just don't think I can bare doing it again!

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, what makes you think he might be flirting with other women the same way he does it with you? I mean any reason for this? or just a guess? There is no way to know, you have to ask him the truth, be upfront and ask him if he flirts with other women or not.

Ok, he doesn't text you first, but when you text him, does he reply? does he reply fast? how are his replies? are they detailed and explanatory?

If he is fast in replies and if they detailed as well, then there is a good chance he has interest in you. In that case you should not worry.

Most Helpful Girl

• Twirl your hair when you are around him, laugh a little bit harder at his jokes than you would usually do and make prolonged eye contact when you are talking to him. If he doesn't get the subtle hints, just blatantly ask him out.
    The truth is you never know until you just bite the bullet and ask. Perhaps he feels the same way about you. Even if he doesn't I'm pretty sure he will very politely decline your offer. He is 48 and should be mature enough to not be a complete jackass.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 1

• Can you throw in some hints?