Would you rather date an intellectual, deep, understanding (intelligent) person- or a factual, current events, political (intelligent) person?

Basically what I'm trying to explain is that- everyone finds intelligence attractive (hopefully) but what kind of intelligence attracts you more? Which do you appreciate more or fine more interesting to discuss with? Somebody who is deep and reads between the lines- or somebody who knows a lot of facts and enjoys learning about current events in politics, etc. and such?

Once more- someone more deep could have a conversation on the topic of intuition, self improvement, the psychology and feeling of things.

someone more factual could have a conversation with facts, and opinions and debating with thing that they have learned. Weather it be politics, science, or social studies.

Really sorry if this is confusing to you! Honestly- I'm no good at explaining things:/

thank you for your opinions.

• Reads between the lines
  • Knowledgable on the facts
  • Other (?)

Most Helpful Guy

• Most people i know who are genuinely strong at one are strong at both. However, there are people who are stupid but 'deep' who would qualify for A only, and not B.

So I voted B.

I recognize that the 'A' topics are more interesting to most people, so encourage other overly intellectual people to brush up their knowledge on those topics, because they'll find people are more likely to be interested in them.

Realistically, i'd date someone who wasn't that smart if they were nice and compatible. But in the spirit of your question, voted B.

• Thank you for your insight iapreciate the different viewpoints you have

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly I find intelligence attractive; especially if someone is very witty - you know when someone is smart if they have wit! They think outside the box on most situations, introducing new perspectives that no one has thought about. To me, that type of intelligence will get me head-over-heels in seconds :P
    "Knowing the facts" intelligence is good too, but if their really narcissistic about it then that's a deal breaker.
    Reading between the lines is also up there for "most attractive" feature, it just shows that they understand and that they care :)

What Guys Said 23

• I am very grounded (in my opinion) in reality and the real world.
    Everyone needs to escape from the burden of the real world at time, so I don't begrudge people being much less interested in that kind of stuff as I am, but I need someone else I can at least relate to and who is able to relate to me.

If I was with someone from choice A, they would get frustrated that I was too serious about things, and I would get to frustrated about them caring more about how they think things should be than how things actually are.

• Kind of a mix. I'm very into self development. So I admire people who improve their skill and knowledge base in a few areas. I don't care if she knows politics or major events, unless they apply directly to what you and I do. I care about politics, when it comes to the economy, drug laws and abuse of power. That's about it. Any law that a politician is exempt from should be erased from the books.

• A deeply intelligent person.

• I am bad with facts so I am always fascinated when some people aren't. Like, how do you even know these things?

• But I am mostly interested in facts about self-improvement and intuition. It's fascinating.

• Both. I'm very intelligent in both aspects, therefore I want someone that can keep up with me.

• Deep understanding intelligent person

• I'd rather date someone with a lot of hands-on experience with things and not just banking information.

• Someone who reads between the lines (as long as they are up to date enough to actually talk about stuff other than philosophy etc)

• I would much rather date an intellectual, deep, understanding person; one who I could discuss philosophies, history, art, culture, share thoughts about human nature and each others psyche with. It would very rewarding.

I'm taking Intelligence as a given, as well as knowledge of current evens and whats happening in the word.

• Your talking book smart compared to emotionally smart. Book smart means nothing. If your got emotional intelligence you can go anywhere. I'd date an emotionally intelligent girl. People react to it better

• I don't know which I would rather date. I find myself to be more of a deep, intellectual, understanding thinker. Current events can fade really quickly, so I don't usually bother with that kind of stuff. It doesn't mean I hate the facts, just probably focus on the theory more. Facts and theory do go hand-in-hand.

• I'd prefer the factual person. The deeper meaning person will try too much to create lines to read in-between when there just aren't and it gets annoying really quick

I say what I mean. I don't talk in fine print

• A "deep" person. Politics and "the latest" from celebrities bore me.

• a good mix of both seems to be the best

• Intelligence isn't defined by what you know, it's defined by what you actually understand.

• True- but many different people are defined as intelligent because they understand certain things better than others. Some things come more naturally to people. These are just two examples.

• You have to have knowledge and facts to read between the lines, IMHO.

• I just mean one more than the other. One is more based on facts, the other more based on feelings or experience. I think it's possible

• But I respect your opinion, my bad.

• i would rather date an intellectual, deep, understanding, intelligent person.

• Reads between the lines.

The facts the media feeds people are not always true.

• for me I like the feelings of things the real deep conversation

• intelligence is attractive on attractive men.

• I'll go with the first option. I prefer women who are more psychological than factual.

• Hopefully the latter, because in the end that's what counts.

• Women want a masculine man not a walking theusarus.

What Girls Said 9

• A creative person

• both preferably but if i had to pick id go with the first bc i love facts and can hide behind them for ever... I i need people to draw me out or i don't open up. plus guys are less likely to be openly deep so i find it more interesting to see.

• also i can be dense with personal stuff, so its helpful if he's not.

• I don't see how those things are necessarily mutually exclusive.

• Anyone can throw out a bunch of facts. It doesn't take effort. Do a quick Google search and find some stats

• The guy that I currently like is intelligent in both aspects, so I would say I am attracted to both. However, I love to have deep conversations and would rather have a partner who will engage in those conversations rather than just spout facts at me.

• Someone intelligent is capable of analyzing a particular problem or situation based on the facts.

• Option A. Intellectual. Not know-it-all.

• I would rather date a person who are not a lot smarter than me, he'll make me look dumb

• the one with more deep could have a conversation on the topic of intuition, self improvement, the psychology and feeling of things.