Does He Like Me or Am I Being Stupid?

Okay, so I really like this guy at school. I asked him to go to my sorority formal with me and he responded with:
"I'm flattered that you'd ask but unfortunately I can't go because of football. We have practices and meetings on Saturdays the whole month of April plus I work on our farm on Sunday mornings in the spring. I'm sooooo sorry Lakyn! I would if I didn't have previous obligations! But any guy that gets to go to formal with you is one lucky guy! I hope you have fun and I'm sorry I can't attend. 😞" word for word including the emoji. I see him everyday, but I'm so scared to carry on an actual conversation about anything other than school. Can you please give me advice on how to handle his and find out if he likes me?

What Guys Said 1

• Ok, so are you dissapointed that he didn't come with you, but he gave you the reason right? You can probably when he would be free and then ask him that time.

What Girls Said 1

• It sounds like something one of my gay friends would have said.