Guys, how true is this?

Guys, how true is this?

• Very true
  • Not true
  • Other (please comment ☺)

Most Helpful Guy

• Not true. A guy doesn't need to make you his priority to be truly interested. And unless you are already his girlfriend, you shouldn't be a priority past someone cool he wants to spend time with. If you are his priority, he likely doesn't have a life.

Secondly, while yes I agree if a guy sits back and puts in absolutely no effort that can be a sign of disinterest... if he's agreeing to see you regularly, then clearly there is some interest. If I like a girl and she is pursuing me, I'm on board. Now I'll put in some effort as well, but it shouldn't be the expectation that if that guy isn't putting in all the effort, while the girl sits back that he's not really interested. That's just nonsense.

If you find someone you're compatible with, there will be very little pursuit and much will just happen naturally.

What Guys Said 21

• It's complete bullshit. If feminists r fighting for equality, then they'd better deny this. Or I will lose ALL faith in them.

This is a situation for me. I really like a girl, and she likes me. I know that I want her, but there's no way that i can know for sure she wants me. The only way I CAN know is if she goes after me. If she doesn't, then I'll know, but I won't make any moves on her, won't force any decisions

• Like if we didn't have enough with the princess syndrome...
    Hey, just lay back, enjoy a cup of tea, cause life will always give you what you want when you don't work for it. ALWAYS :)

-_________-

• This is true or can be true if the girl/woman is worth pursuing, she has to have her act together and be someone that values herself and others, she shouldn't play too hard to get as that comes off as impossible to get, and guys would feel it a failed proposition to pursue her. Just because you are a woman doesn't entitle you to happily ever after, guys will only purse what they want to win, and you will have to be worth winning to have a guy treat you as a priority and court you. You can't just say you are you have to live it and show it in your actions.

• It's not true. It's a pretty bold and somewhat old fashioned or biased statement. It kind of creeps me out; the use of the word pursue sounds like a hunter after prey, and then it implies that once you've been caught, you're to be dominated and have a submissive role, where he does everything and you follow him around like a puppy.

I just don't like the tone of it - it start off with the man pursuing and catching you, then needing to assert complete control over the relationship; "otherwise "you know where you stand in that mans life"

Welcome to the Jungle Baby. . .

• i'd say 60% to 70% true. It isn't true at all for some guys, and even guys it is generally true for still want a woman who is willing to take initiative, rather than follow his lead.

• What a load of shit. By that logic we'd think a girl isn't interested in us if she makes us pursue.

Women, you're not entitled to his attention. You're not entitled to sit around and be a lazy cunt because you have woman parts. Get off your asses and start working like the rest of us.

• If a guy really wants a girl he doesn't treat her like property but rather one of the guys. And she can but in with out it getting awkward cause she's the one in which she can get away with bending or breaking the rules.

• I am not really sure.50-50

• I said not true because I think this sends the wrong message. People don't always pursue the things they interested in in the first place. Men are born to pursue women? Why can't people be born without rhyme, reason, or purpose? Is there any evidence to support that claim? Now, when it comes to relationships and dating, mating, or whatever you want to call it, there is a give and take to it, it can be a two-way street. If a woman/lady/girl does not pursue the man she wants, she might not get a second chance. (The same can happen to guys too.)

• i fell like an avalanche for a girl... but didn't work up the courage fast enough before she moved.

• This is true in my case but I'm sure it doesn't apply to everyone. Besides, it's amazingly refreshing when a girl actually shows some effort. It would really make her stand out because most girls think they can contribute virtually nothing besides their looks and it's all going to work out for them.

• Not true for me.

• I don't think it's true at all. Sometimes guys like a girl but they're too shy or nervous to tell her or ask her out

• for the majority it's probably not true. for me definitely not as I'm shy and have a bit of social anxiety.

• This is true in part. If the man is TRULY interested in you, as in not considering you as a mate, he will pursue you if you make yourself AVAILABLE.

• That's just retarded and backwards thinking. Men can be just as shy as women are, so it's only natural that a shy dude would be wanting a woman who can do the chasing.

• Not true, it has to come from both sides

• Not always true. Many men would like to pursue you, but just don't know quite how to do it...

• even ugly men have sky high standards for women they are willing to chase... take the initiative once in a while...

• Nope.

• I really liked this girl a few years back, but I never approached her or anything. I was in fact truly interested in her without a doubt.

What Girls Said 3

• I think it's mostly true.

• This is only true for overconfident ( =annoying and coinceted ) men. Regular and shy guys want some reactions.

• @JamieVardy9 I'm sorry, I'm not level 2, I just can't. What kind of help do you need from a stranger, anyway?

• @JamieVardy9 And what is your question?

• Not true