Would you take back an ex that broke your heart?

I have been seeing someone for about a month and he hinted at the fact that his ex really hurt him when she broke up with him. I am not sure how long they dated or how long ago they broke up, I am guessing they dated for awhile because he still sees her family so, it must've been pretty serious. I am also guessing they broke up in the last 6 months because she is away at school now and he told me that she wants to talk to him when she gets home. So, it seems like maybe she broke it off before the beginning of the semester and wants to talk about it now that time passed, but he said he doesn't want to get back together with her. He also still likes her posts and stuff on FB which bothers me. I understand after all that time together and being mature adults that there is still that connection for awhile that doesn't mean anything else, but what are the chances that he might get back together with her? If someone broke your heart would you get back together with them?

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on how and why he broke my heart. Atm I don't have a real ex, only one I met online and we're still on very good terms. So I don't know, maybe if we lived closer and we still have mutual feelings towards eachother I might consider it.
    If it's cheating or disrespect/ abuse then no way in hell.

• I agree, I am not sure if I would. If I was not over him it would be easy to take him back, because I would want to be happy with him again. BUT, if I spent months devastated over him and finally started getting over it and then he wants me back, I would think about the pain he caused me and how I have taken great steps towards getting over it and unsure if I would want to go back. Since I do not know his situation exactly, this makes me nervous and I hope he meant it when he said he doesn't want her back.

What Guys Said 4

• I would want to but probably not

• Psh hell no!

• Never take back exes.

• Never

What Girls Said 2

• no. I wouldn't dare!

• If I am being honest it depends on the relationship and how we ended.