What is it about candles that's romantic?

Its wax, a wick... and that's it. Oh and some of them smell nice. I have never understood why candles are so romantic so someone needs to enlighten me.

Most Helpful Girl

• They smell good, yes, but it's also the ambience they create. A dark room with only a flickering light to illuminate your lover's face and body. What's not to love?

Also, your logic could also be used to describe other things that are considered romantic. Roses are just plants. Fireworks are just explosives. Long walks on the beach are just aching calves and sand everywhere. But all of those things are so much more, you are.

Most Helpful Guy

• Most of us are emotional people. Especially women. Our emotions are connected to our thoughts. And I thoughts is what creates how we behave. So there are many things they can help us set the mood or put it in the right mindset. candles is one of those things

What Girls Said 2

• Imagine a dark room with only some candles with a good smell giving some light. The light is weak, but enough to see what's in front of you. The atmosphere is chill and quite. If there is a couple, they would talk more slowly and wouldn't yell.
    This quite atmosphere gives them a romantic feel.
    But I might be wrong since I hate romance. 😂

• It the mood lighting it gives off that makes it romantic...

What Guys Said 1

• Because passion burns like a flame bro, duh