25 yr. old female dating 33 yr. old male? Can it work?

Long story short, I only dated in high school, then met my last boyfriend at 17. We had a child together at 18 were together til 24. Things just didn't work out because he cheated on me and it was never the same.
Now, I'm talking to a guy who is 33 (34 this year) and he seems great and we're into eachother. I feel a lot more mature than other women my age because I had to assume responsibility so young, but in terms of life experience, I can't match him. He has a steady job, hobbies and side projects, he's traveled a lot and is well read. I love that. But I worry if there's too much of a difference and that he might be better suited to a woman his own age that has more life experience. I feel that he might get bored quickly because he's experienced more than I have and the age difference may be too much. Opinions?

P. S: I'm not looking for a guy to be my child's "daddy." My child has a good relationship with his dad and if anything developed I'd just want my new guy to be my child's friend, he already has a father.

Most Helpful Guy

• lol you call having a child at 17 responsible? And yeah, everyone is "more mature" than people their age. Could it work? Sure. Do I think it would work? Probably not. It sounds like you like him for his accomplishments rather than the person he is. Not only that but you've been in long term relationships since you were 17. If you just broke up and are immediately looking to get into another it tells me you're relationship dependant.

• 1.) I didn't call getting pregnant so young responsible, I said I had to assume the role of responsibility very young BECAUSE I got pregnant so young.
      2.) I have not been in long term relationshipS. I have been in ONE long term relationship.
      3.) I never stated I liked him for his accomplishments, but stated that he was more accomplished and experienced than I am. Are you going to honestly think a 25 year old is as accomplished as a 35 year old?
      4.) I said we were looking to DATE each other. After being in a long-term relationship, with someone who was unfaithful to me, the last thing I desire is to enter a full-fledged relationship where it could happen again.

Judging by the fact that you are a 23 year old fuckboy with a shirtless avatar of yourself trying to be a Hollister model and a demonstrated lack of reading comprehension abiities, I conclude that you are the last person who should be giving advice on this matter. Fuck you very much :)

• So don't insult the people trying to help you out because you can't take criticism. Fuck you too. (not literally, I wouldn't fucking touch you with a 10ft pole)

• "Please don't act like you know a single thing about me or what I do. Also, you asked a question because you're too inexperienced to figure it out yourself."

You have some idea cooked up in your head about who I am, what I'm seeking and what I'm looking for.
      And you wouldn't touch me with a ten foot pole? Oh my, now I'm going to cry myself to sleep because an internet idiot doesn't want me. Boo hoo.

Get a life and learn the difference between criticism and being a massive prick.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd expect a 25 year old woman to be on the same level as a 33 year old man.

What Guys Said 9

• Of course it can work its not about age

• Most of his friends are in their mid to late thirties.. I feel like they might feel odd with someone almost a decade younger being out with them.

• Your over thinking my girlfriend was 12 years younger then me and my friends never thought anything of it

• If a guy likes you for you he's not going to get bored with you because of your age or your experience. And he's less likely to face boredom as someone in your own your age would.

• Depends on your maturity level. If you can relate to him and keep up with him intellectually and have a developed understanding about life and all then he probably won't have a problem. Only time will really tell.

• We share the same sense of humor, interests, music and books and always have things to talk about. I would say we are equal in intellect.

• It can work. Although, for many men your kid would be a deal breaker. For me they would be. But that's me. But men aren't shot in the ass with women with
    kids by another man. Thems the facts !

• Agreed. That is better for me though. I like when a man is upfront and says a kid is a deal breaker. It lets me know right off the bat that he's not the guy I should date. This guy knows I'm a mother, and he admires it instead of being put off by it. I'm not looking for "many men" anyway. But thanks for your honest answer.

• It's the only way I know how to be.

• Nah. It's fine.

• yes it can work. its just up to you to make it work if you love him

• common.

• Sure, seems like it can work!

• it can work , no big deal

What Girls Said 2

• sure if you make it work.

• it could. I don't know if it will.