Just curious ^^
- I'd definitely help and support them.39% (17)45% (15)42% (32)Vote
- Ew, fuck no. I haven't got time to deal with an emotional wreck.9% (4)6% (2)8% (6)Vote
- I'm not sure, I would try to though.27% (12)33% (11)30% (23)Vote
- I don't think I could date them but I would be their friend.14% (6)9% (3)12% (9)Vote
- Nope.11% (5)7% (2)8% (7)Vote
Most Helpful Girl
Definitely! And people say in their opinions that they draw the line at Schizophrenia, but I wouldn't. I don't find them harmful. In fact, I would love to get to know and understand someone who has it, because for a short time I thought I was able to relate to the illness (I get symptoms when I am REALLY stressed).
If I had to put a limit on the illness at all, I'd say one that correlates with being psychotic. I am fine with dating someone who's Schizophrenia, Bipolar, Borderline, depressed, anxious, or OCD, but I will not be with somebody who suffers from psychotic episodes. If I feel threatened by them, that is definitely a problem. Since I understand the disorders I've mentioned, and I know what the symptoms are, I'm not afraid of being around anyone who has it. I mean, I'd be a hypocrite. I'm suffering from depression, anxiety, and a skin-picking disorder (I don't know the name). I'm probably weirder than any boyfriend of mine would be. And I'm not saying those things are weird... I just gross myself out with the skin picking.
The point is, I would be there and support them as much as possible. They're likely to get better faster if they have somebody there with them. I am taking a slower route to "freedom," so they'd be helping me too.1