Would I be happy with someone else?

I've been in a relationship for almost 5 years now. But I can't imagine myself marrying her. Maybe i used to. Sometimes i feel like she's so boring. She doesn't get me excited. I feel like im missing a lot of fun staying with her. Should i consider dating someone else?

Most Helpful Girl

• Not a good sign if you can't picture yourself marrying her.

If you consider her your best friend, I'd put a ring on it. If you don't and are bored by her, then breaking up might make sense.

Dating can kind of sick though. It can be hard to find someone you really connect with and are mutually attracted to. I'd take a lot of time to think about this, maybe make a pros and cons list.

• During those years, it was on and off. Coz we're in a LDR by the way. We always fought over the phone. And I only see her during the summer. When she's home, everything is perfect. But when she's away, its the opposite.

What Girls Said 3

• yes. date new people! you'll always be wondering unless you go for it

• In any relationship that's been around for a long time, things might not be as spicy as they were at the very beginning, but it should never get to the point where you consistently feel bored and unfulfilled. Have you tried talking to her about this? I know I get bouts of feeling like there's no chemistry between my boyfriend and I anymore and I think about "gee, I wonder what it would be like dating so-and-so," but the thoughts are fleeting and more comical than anything, and they go away once our stress levels go back to normal.

• If you were exciting yourself, you wouldn't have this problem. But you're not, so you need someone that is. Break up with her.

What Guys Said 0