What's it like being a rich guy and dating a "poor" girl?

I go to an ivy league school with a bunch of rich people, but i am there on scholarship and do not have not even half of what most of the people in my school have. I wanna date this guy who comes from a wealthy background, but I feel that once he finds out we are not on the same level financially he will be turned off and not want to take me serious? Guys, have you dated girls less wealthier than you? How has it been? Do you really care? Does it make u like a female less?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Been to private international school several times of my life and all of high school, some were so incredibly wealthy it was unbelievable (having their own private jet and you name it). Honestly people didn't care much how much money the other people had, at all. They were actually more insecure around other rich people honestly ("do I have the latest this or that, oh shit can't wear this, so last season, what will they say?" ). 😂😂
    I know plenty of girls who dated guys who didn't have a lot of money, they actually showered them with tons of expensive gifts... Despite not really getting much in return.
    Anyhow, if he's bothered by the fact that you're on scholarship then he's clearly not the one for you and he's a shallow dumbass. Also don't be afraid to have people knowing you're on scholarship, weeds out people you don't need to associate with. Also, as long as you're attractive and have a great personality money doesn't actually really matter at all to be fair. At least you're not defined by who's your daddy and how rich your family is.

What Guys Said 9

• And here the sad realities of dating rear their ugly head. Anytime anyone associates money with dating makes me question their integrity. You shouldn't even be thinking that way because it gives off a really bad vibe about you and if he has to date a girl whose parents give her the same amount of money his parents give him then he's a loser anyway.

• I never was rich.

• It depends on the way he thinks
    Maybe he'll accept you for what you are and have
    Maybe he won't
    So it totally depends on the guy 💁

• No one cares.

• Probably good and bad

• upto him... but i personally think that it won't be any problem

• Wait 10 years and hopefully I can answer you that.

• Money does not define anyone. I grew up with money and dated plenty of women with less. I am now dating one woman that has more and it does not bother me.

• as long as ur super hot then it's not a big deal ;)

• I am, i don't mean to sound cocky but i'm a very beautiful girl with an awesome personality but it is a little discouraging sometimes

• so how hot r v talking about?

What Girls Said 2

• Omg, my boyfriend is studying in a Ivy league school too in south Asia. He says everyone is so fuckin rich that it doesn't even matter whether he's from Eu or not. Since most people there are children of a military officer.
    Anyways I don't think it'll make any difference, true love doesn't see wealth or fame.
    See "The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor" for reference, you'll like it.
    And my boyfriend isn't rich, he just works hard. I'm on the other hand quite well off but I still love him, he doesn't take my money either,
    he says I'm living for myself in the end, I'll work it through my way.

So go for it ^^'

• I've personally dated a rich guy and absolutely hated it. Turns out I prefer people on me level. I don't think most guys really care how wealthy you are depending on what their life goals are. Some guys find it a manly thing to do to take care of their woman, others want a partnership and others don't mind paying a little extra as long as you pull some weight.

Everyone is different.