Alcohol and weed have made me happier than any girl ever has. Is this common?

I'm not an addict but if given the choice, I'd rather have pot than a girl. Every girl I've ever tried anything with has hurt and/or disappointed me. And the highs with them -- pun intended -- are never as high as how I've felt smoking.

• Yeah, I get it.
  • No, that's fucked.

Most Helpful Girl

• I had a boyfriend like that once. He was a different person when he smoked and I couldn't actually have a conversation with him because he was too high. Originally I just told him not to be high or smoke around me (2-4 hours a WEEK) and he decided that I would get over it or something and it would really upset me. So I told him to stop smoking weed. THEN he decided not to come and see me AT ALL. He would tell me he'd call me later and I would sit up at night waiting, never a phone call. Obviously things didn't end well.

Dating people who smoke and drink really isn't fun. Not to mention getting fucked up is really a waste of money because it does literally nothing for you.

• I'm not even close to that point. I smoke like once or twice a week on average and I don't abuse it because I don't like that it makes me too lethargic at times. Drinking about the same if not less. It's just that I'd rather have them in my life than any of the girls I've been with. I'm trying to see if everyone's dating is so miserable or I my luck is just bad.

• Of course everyone has low points in a relationship. I'm married, trust me I know. But I'm quite happy in my relationship. The ones I had before were very frustrating, but you just keep on dating in hopes you'll find someone you really like. It's quite rewarding when you do. The misery is the beauty of it, so when you find the right one, it's all worth it. I would do it over again if I had to.

Most Helpful Guy

• Can you fuck a joint, have a son, and get an orgasm from alcohol tho breh? lmao

• I did once, it was intense O. o

• Can't say that I've tried but I'd prefer those events to happen in a different order. Having the son at the end would be best. Hahaha! No, I mean I'm not giving up on girls but, goddamn, the search for a good one is a pain in the ass.

• Bro I just want good things in your life brother. I hope u fuck 10/10 girl, while taking ur joints and drinking too man

What Girls Said 9

• It sounds like you pick high quality weed and low quality women.
    Raise your standards, not your glass, when shit goes sour in relationships.

P. s. #420BlazeIt

• Perhaps. I've been accused of being too picky as it is and I feel like if I raised my standards there wouldn't be a girl that could reach them.

• I mean, it's why I'm single even. I've turned down girls recently because I didn't feel like they were good for me.

• Do what makes you happy I guess. I will say that hurt is just part of the package when it comes to love. There is always that risk when you care about someone. That doesn't mean that the answer is just to avoid caring altogether. I'm sorry you've been hurt, and you don't have to pursue love if you don't want to. It's just, preferring getting drunk or high over getting close with people just sounds like a sad existence to me.

I wish you the best.

• Yeah, but I feel like I'm beating my head against the wall with girls at times. That's made me more sad than anything else has. I don't know. I want to find a good girl but I'm so tired of the search and the disappointments.

• i guess u gotta up your standard when it comes to what makes u happy.

• I'm not saying it's all I want in life. It's a comparative statement. Girls have really just made me miserable and stressed for as long as I can remember.

• Believe me, I do too. I just become less hopeful the more I see what dating has become.

• i dont blame u. I've felt the same, but there are good people still in the world. put ur hope in them.

• Don't give up based on shitty experiences. Just because they weren't right for you doesn't mean no one will be. Wait, your time'll come. Maybe find a girl who smokes too, always easier if you're both smoking than if only one does

• Thanks. I hope you're right.

• It's cool. I know loads of people who've convinced themselves they'll never meet anyone, but seems like most people find someone when they're not searching. Try to enjoy yourself in the meantime :)

• you should be making yourself happy, not expecting the people you date to do so.

• netflix has made me happier than any man ever could. so i get what you mean.

• Like it makes sense that you feel that way but it's because those two things can distract you from real life.

• You're just focusing on the pain u felt in every relationship u had, u should focus more on was good about the relationships. And someday u won't break up. I've smoked, drank and took drugs like ecstasy. But that's all temporary happiness, love is permanent. I have been through shit and im still going through some shit. But being in love with my boyfriend, it's the best thing that has ever happened to me. i still get drunk or smoke sometimes and take ecstasy for electronic parties, but seriously, having a boyfriend , he's my partner , he goes where i go , i go where he goes, when im sad he's there, when he's sad im there, being loved and loving, u know in the inside that it's healthier than drugs and alcohol, thats why ur asking here bc u want someone to tell u it's not healthy what ur doing and convince u to not be a coward.

• And then you'll look back on your life later and think, "why did I just waste time getting drunk and high?"

• No, I never said that's all I want or do. I'm saying between women, weed and alcohol the latter two have treated me a lot better.

What Guys Said 11

• I get it but that is an unhealthy way of looking at things. You should be able to find happiness within yourself without resorting to drugs, sex or romance to distract you from reality

• Good point. That's something I'm working on. But I'm also not saying it's all I want or do -- just that the substances have been kinder to me than women and I enjoy their company more at this point.

• Lmaoo nah brah, I LOVE hot chicks but I'd choose flip cups and pill stuntman on weed than banging a chick too lol

• I mean, I like them too until I meet them and have to deal with them. Hahaha!

• Just all their stupid nonsense and games -- trying to manipulate, not putting out, acting hot then cold, etc. It drives me nuts, man.

• Well there is option of not meeting em again after first time brah lol

• It's not uncommon, but pretty sad... I mean, a woman can be the greatest joy in a man's life... they just chose not to be 99% of the time.

• I mean, it is fucked, but I get it. Hope you have better experiences. *pours some brown ale to drink alone*

• "I'm not an addict but if given the choice, I'd rather have pot than a girl. Every girl I've ever tried anything with has hurt and/or disappointed me. And the highs with them -- pun intended -- are never as high as how I've felt smoking."
    Says every addict ever

• Sounds boring af to be honest.

• It would be if I did it all the time or it was the only thing I do. I'm just comparing my experiences with girls to my experiences smoking and drinking. Going to the gym, travelling, basketball, etc. Make me happier than both.

• Voted

• I'm not that way, but I understand the situation you're in.

• life sounds so shitty for you

• That's kinda sad honestly

• I have done pot , and I know the feel xD
    Though I quit a long time ago, my ex used to smoke pot too, and smoking pot together was more intimate to us than having sex. XD