What do I do? Co-Worker has hurt me badly?

My coworker hurt me hard.

I had fallen in love with this girl in a different department, long story short I thought she loved me back, but she didn't... it became an unrequited love... She told me she had a boyfriend...

I try my best to avoid and stay away from her... but when I see her beautiful face all the pain comes back and I feel very hurt... Memories, I also found out she is single but she hasn't shown interest in me.

And I just don't know what to do? Do I talk to her? What do I say? How do I heal?

Not talk to her about the boyfriend...

I mean talk to her to somehow heal myself?

Most Helpful Girl

• I had the same thing, but with a male co-worker. The thing is, he was interested in me until a new prettier co-worker started there. He automatically forgot about me and went for her. I had to witness them together everyday until I decided to switch shifts.

It's hard, but you have to avoid him. The thing is, it was hard for me because we remained friends through it all. We still talked to each other, but I still felt hurt. Only seeing him once and a while is what healed me and now I am over him. Now we talk all the time.

That's the best thing to do is try to avoid them. Keep in mind it won't happen overnight. It took me months to get over him.

• You are on to something...

When I completely went no contact, I felt really bad...

But when I talked to her just a little bit, I felt okay...

The problem for myself, When I physically see her... I just don't know what to do... My heart hurts like it did when she rejected me... and it really sucks because we are both stuck at this job.. and I have to see her everyday...

I'm not sure if I should tell her that she really hurt me? I'm not sure where that would leave...

• would lead*.

• I wanted to tell him that he hurt me, but I decided against it. I didn't think it would really do much. I didn't want to make an awkward situation at work become even more awkward. I felt the same way with my male co-worker for months. His rejection happened last summer, and I didn't feel good again until around after Christmas.

I do rotating shifts, and now he does straight days. So we see each other every two weeks and I feel nothing. The odd thing is now, I've actually moved on and I am interested in someone else, and he knows it. He gets angry whenever I bring it up. So I stopped bringing it up. I don't know if it's because he thinks I am trying to make him jealous or what.

I think when it comes to co-workers, no matter how hurt you are, it's best not to make things awkward. You have to see these people everyday. That's why from now on I will never be interested in a co-worker again.

What Girls Said 2

• Either you sort your shit out or you change jobs.

I can't advise you to try talking to her again as I don't know the situation. I think it would be best to continue to leave her alone unless she instigates the convo. And if she does, don't take it as a sign that she is into you. She might just be being friendly.

Either way, these are your feelings and nothing to do with her, if u can't get them in check whilst seeing her then you need to find another place to work.

Sorry to be harsh but its the best way to break it to you. Like I say I don't know if u guys were always completely one sided but from my own exp... I met a guy when I first started at a place, he had been in my interview group and so when I saw him in the workplace after I was happy to see him. I'd often sit with him at lunch and make convo. But that's all it was, pleasant convo. When I noticed he seemed to be showing an interest in me (you know, getting the vibes) I backed off... it made him turn proper clingy and shit got creepy. Ultimately I had to leave because it was all just too much and looking back on it, it should have been him. Its not up to a girl to take responsibility for a mans feelings.

So if she doesn't seem uncomfortable with you around then its all good, but if you literally get her giving u one word answers to questions and avoiding u to the extent of running from the room u enter, man up and move on.

• She may be hoping to get back with her boyfriend or wants to be on her own to try to get over him.

What Guys Said 1

• If she is single now she is probably not in the mood to be in a relationship right now. She might like you but not enough to date you or she isn't fond of dating someone at the job. Either way time heals all wounds.

• Yeah, She might need more time...

But I just don't want to be hurt... It's been one year, I have seen improvement... but I am not 100% healed