Is he busy or not interested?

I only went on three dates with a guy and the most recent one was really fun, and we were both getting along well. He's graduating from college (I graduated in the fall) in a few short weeks. His classes just ended but he has a lot of tests and papers to do. I texted him the day after our most recent date and he didn't respond for a very long time, though he did eventually. He has not initiated anything and neither have I since then, but I know that he has a thesis and another paper due tomorrow, so he might just be busy. It's been 4 days since I heard from him, but I just chalked it up to him being busy.

The thing is, he normally texts me every day or every other day, so this is different. At the end of the date we both said we had fun, but throughout and after there was no mention of doing anything again... so I'm not sure. I know I shouldn't care, but I just really can't tell if he's not feeling it or if he's just really busy. What do you think?

• He's over it, or else he would've checked in.
  • He's probably just busy. Don't worry about it.
  • Text him after his papers are turned in.
  • Don't know, but you'll know if he contacts you.
  • Other - I'll explain in a comment

What Guys Said 1

• After his papers are turned in you could ask him if he wants to go out and celebrate with you. A little playful and flirty way of getting an idea of what's going on.

What Girls Said 2

• I think he is just busy right now and trying to focus. Guys aren't really like girls where they can multi-task. I agree with @Kraftmuppen after he turns in his papers send me a text. Just ask him how he is doing and see if he would like to go out. If he says yes, then you get your answer... if he says no, then you get your answer. I wish you the best of luck :)

• Since he was texting you a lot and then stopped, that is kind of weird. I was recently seeing someone who never texted me, and I asked friends about it and none of their bfs texted them much at first. Guys compartmentalize us rather than make us a priority, so when they get busy they do tend to be a less available. So I said, it is too soon to tell, but if after his tests are done, you still don't hear from him then that sill be your answer.