I'm not sure if I did the right thing?

Met guy, liked him instantly. We went on 3 dates and I thought he likes me back because he was giving all the signs. Then when I asked him what his intentions with me are, he said that he is going through some issues and that he would like us to be just friends for now. In that moment I really didn't want to just be friends and settle for less then I deserve, but now 3 days later I keep thinking that maybe I should've accept it. Or maybe not? If I did what feels right, why am I confused then? I know that if I did accept I would kinda hope that he would change his mind once he gets to know me better and once he sorts out his issues, so I didn't want to go through that torture knowing that it wouldn't be purely platonic for me. But in the same time I feel kinda guilty for giving up and cutting him off that quickly because I'm too proud. I told him that he knows where to find me if he changes his mind, but I'm well aware that I had better chances winning him if we kept hanging out, then disappearing. I know it's stupid but I kinda hope he changes his mind and gives me a call. :( Damn I never liked anyone so much in such a short period, lol I feel like a retard haha!

What Guys Said 1

• Usually if I told her all this it's because I still want to keep my other options but get to know her more. So being that you guys don't know each other that well and it's still been a short period of time. I would just build a friendship and see where it goes but always be honest with him and tell him your feelings and don't let him play you you you

What Girls Said 1

• If you want to be friends with him only because of the possibility of you winning him over, I'd advise you against it.