Guys, Why do guys make the first move?

In almost every guy-girl relationship the guy asks the girl out. Why can't the girl make the first move? Is it bad for the relationship? Would it be weird?

27

Most Helpful Guy

• You can, but I think that most girls don't like doing it. They like to have their Knight in shining armour do it, and have a fairy tale whatever. Girls often make subtle or suggestive things happen, but guys never notice those, because they can always be misinterpreted. Just go to him and say it. Who is this guy to you?

• Thanks for MHO!

What Guys Said 26

• no one said girls can't. it is just that they don't. any man who expects a girl to go to him, rather than him to to her, is a man who will die alone.

• I think it would be great if the girl made the first move, it shows they are interested and takes a lot of the stress out of the situation for the guy (since we are stereotypically supposed to make the first move)

• It's just a cultural thing, many people still think that the guy is supposed to make the first move. If a girl do it I'm sure it won't be bad for the relationship nor would it be weird.

• Girls dont want to and really they have no incentive to change.

• I encourage the girl to make the first move. Too bad a lot of them succumb to nonsensical 'gender roles.'

• A girl can make the first move, but it's a "hotly" debated issue on this site. I say screw the so called rules of dating and just do whatever the hell you feel like.

• Girls are scared and lazy. They want the man to do everything for them.

• Guys make the first move because of ten f they don't, no one will aand nothing would happen. I'd love it if girls did it more

• I'm dominate and always want to lead and be in control of the situation but if you young ladies want to come on strong it is ok...

• No society has just made it like this. There is nothing we like more than a girl confident enough to text us first. Ask to make plans and show she's interested. Not enough girls do this fearing they will come across as desperate sadly. And guys do and feel the same way when it comes to initiating it feels like we will come off desperate haha. But nothing bad will come from you initiating. Good luck:) go for it.

• Girls can make the first move. But in this society people usually expect the guy to make the first move.

• I don't know. I'd love it if girls would do the first move more often because I'm a bit shy haha

• I don't know, but they should :)

• its how we are raised

• You basically just answered your own question.

• Men are the chasers
    Women are the chasee

• Girls can, they just rarely do. Why, mainly the way we are raised.

• Girls can make the first move, it's just not the traditional way of things.

• I don't know, it just doesn't happen.

• no I don't think i would be bad for the relationship and no it wouldn't be weird

• Dude when you know let me know. I'd love it if a girl made the first move.

• We make the first move cause girls don't got the ballz we do.

• Surprised a girl is asking this

• Because a guy will never find love or affection if he doesn't make a move. Unless he's ridiculously good looking that girls will ask him out. But since good looking is above average and average is the majority most guys don't have this luxary

• No it's not weird, i love when girls ask me out

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more