How do you feel when a guy calls you beautiful?

Im not a man who throws this word around to just any girl. But this girl I've been talking to and known since elementary school. Senior year of highschool we started talking more serious. Never necessarily a couple but we would talk day and night seeing each other as much as we could as often as we could. We are now freshman in college going to different schools. About 2 hours away. She gets home next week and since she left I've been a good guy and been there for her. And texted and snapchatted always havin good times even though we couldnt see each other like we used to. But last night she fell asleep on me while we were snapchatting. And I said something "blah blah Goodnight beautiful" and I am confident that we are good enough friends. That it wouldn't come off creepy. But she opened it In the morning and didn't respond to me saying that to her. Is that a bad thing? Or would she have just opened it and smiled and not answered. Should I text her again or wait for her to initiate conversation with me since I told her that and she didn't answer.

Most Helpful Girl

• Like they're lying.

• You're talkin to the wrong guys then ha... Sorry to tell ya. There are some of us who mean it. And I hope my girl doesn't feel like I'm lying.

• Yeah, I have trust issues.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think a woman will like it!.

What Girls Said 26

• I feel mad!

• I'll feel amazing. I'd rather be called beautiful than hot, sexy or cute. I'd accept the compliment and say thank you.

• I'm glad I picked the right word hahaha 😅 So what do u think I should do?

• Like a glorious Ancient Greek Goddess 😉

• Ok that's good to know haha, so what do u think I should do?

• 0|0
  • I don't like it because I know it's not true thus it's total B. S. I don't wanna be beautiful anyways, fuck that

• Honestly I would probably see it as flirting, but if you two are good friends then maybe not. When my boyfriend says it to me I just smile and keep smiling for a while and honestly can't stop smiling.

• Beautiful is generally reserved for someone you love... Or so I've been told my other guys

• I wouldn't know 😞

• meh. guys compliment on looks too much. I'd much rather a compliment about something else

• Like he's lying.

• I would feel beautiful

• Id like it but if you're just friends she may be a little turned off too it. But it also means nothing that she didn't reply

• to me beautiful is not creepy. from a friend or boyfriend.. but you said "goodnight beautiful" so maybe thats why she didn't respond

• When a guy calls me beautiful I feel like he just wants to get something out of me so he's loading up on the compliments so I'll fall for him

• Sounds like you've delt with some assholes then:( this girl means the world to me. I've known her for more than half my life. Are you saying that it's a bad thing to say that to try and get her to fall for me? I want to be with her, how else am I suppose to do it. What do u suggest.

• I don't think it's a bad thing considering how long you've known her. You guys already have a good relationship and that's great so communication should be easy between the two of you. Her not responding back to you isn't a bad thing. You were only saying goodnight after all, and it was the next day for her when she read it. I'd say text her back, you don't have to wait for to make the first move. You sound like a sweet guy.

• The honest response is it depends what he looks like.

• Indifferent honestly, lol.

• I would feel beautiful.. Lol! Okay so I think u should wait until she initiates to ur convo

• really happy. but they never call me beautiful only cute, adorable and pretty

• I could never have negative feelings about it.

• Honestly? I don't believe it and I think he has ulterior motives. But I am overly suspicious.

• Pretty

• I try not to say "I know" I'm not being vain, just confident.
    But I usually say "Aww thank you"

• Last year was the first time in my life that I had met anyone who actually showed any interest in me. I had never been called beautiful before last year. Usually I ask him not to use that word because it makes me depressed. I don't feel beautiful since it took 19 years for a guy to find me beautiful, so my insecurities and depression takes over and I just feel yucky when he uses that word.

• I feel like he's just saying that as a joke and he's just trying to play with my fewling

• Really depends who it is. I have guy friends who I see them as brothers and them as a sister so when they call me that or some cute nickname I take the compliment. But really, if I know the guy's history and it's not so good then I don't believe it..
    Common sense basecally lol

• I would have read it, been surprised, smiled if I liked you or would have made a mental note to back off from you if I didn't. Wait for her to text you. She probably smiled and was happily surprised though.

What Guys Said 3

• u must be bad looking then to her

• I would feel beautiful :D

• You have feelings for her.. dont you?