The girl I am going out with is busy all weekend, but I don't think she knows it's my birthday, but I don't want her to feel guilty about missing it?

So I asked the girl that I've been seeing what she was doing this weekend. She said that she is extremely busy and is really sorry she can't hang out with me this weekend. Now we haven't been going out long, and I don't think she knows, but this weekend is my birthday. I have never been big on celebrating my birthday, so I am honestly fine with us not doing anything. But this will be my first birthday alone, all of my friends are out of town and I moved away from my family, so I'm not sure how that is going to go. And now if she asks me what I'm doing this weekend I'm going to feel bad saying "well it's my birthday, but I'm not sure what I'm doing." I don't want to make her feel guilty for missing it...

Should I still mention it's my birthday? I just don't want to like guilt trip her, or make her feel like I am guilt tripping her? I would imagine she would find out on my birthday from social media, but I figured giving her a heads up first would be the best route

Most Helpful Girl

• Aww yea that's a tricky situation.. also I'm really impressed that you put so much thought into this, it's really nice of you :). And I think she will probably feel bad for missing it, even if you say it's fine and you're not big on celebrating it.. I don't know.. it might be better for her to just find out on social media and for you to tell her that you didn't want to say anything because you didn't want to pressure her since she said she was busy already.

But if you do want to give the heads up first, I think all you can do is really be careful with the wording. So rather than what you have in quotes, if she asks, "not sure yet.. it's actually my birthday weekend but I don't really have set plans yet". I know it sounds exactly the same lol but the way I read it to myself it comes off less harsh

What Girls Said 6

• I honestly think you should tell her so it can give her an opportunity to make it up to you when she's free, forgetting ones birthday especially someone you like or not even know is extremely gutty! You should just be like "its my birthday! But I don't know what I am doing" "Well" kind of puts a downer or some attitude haha.

• than talk to her about it.

• Go somewhere that give you free food for your birthday free food is good. I actually have no idea what you should do but if I was the girl of
    I'd prefer to be told

• tell her its your birthday

• Aw, I think you should let her know it's your birthday! I'm just like you, I don't make a big deal about my birthday nor do I brag about it. But if she doesn't know, perhaps just casually mentioning it to her will be okay.

• Mention it! Do it exactly as you wrote "well it's my birthday, but I'm not sure what I'm doing". It won't make her feel guilty, actually she might feel bad if she finds out after the fact. Just let her know and then either she'll wish you and say she hopes you have fun celebrating, or she'll wish you and suggest you guys do something. She might be busy, but give her the option.

What Guys Said 0