What are the "upsides" to dating a single parent?

i just can´t come up with any. maybe you can.

Most Helpful Girl

• For me, since I'm terrified of giving birth, I could just date a single dad with a teeny weeny baby and raise it like my own. No more giving birth required. But only if it has never been raised (and damaged) by other people before who couldn't raise their kid right.

Most Helpful Guy

• You know that they are fertile.

• well that´s a solid point ^^ can´t argue against that.

• Lol can't say that from my experience to be honest xD

• Well, just my 2 cents.

What Girls Said 1

• My mother was a single parent. That's when she met who now I see as a dad. They were together for years until she changed. He basically adopted me and looked after me. If he didn't let me stay with him I would of turned out just like her. Now (27) I have had the childhood I deserved. He said he'd never change it for the world and sees me as his daughter

• yeah i get that this is overall a positive outcome. but what were the "upsides" at the point of him dating your mom vs him dating a single girl? i mean he could have made a child with that girl.

• You could make a child with both a single mother or single girl. If you dated a single mum you'd most likely have to put up with a yelling child and possibly end up having to support them both.

• of course i could make a child with both but i don´t have the choice to not have a child, when she already has one xD and i would feel obligated to support her no matter what when dating a single mum.

What Guys Said 2

• Not really, no. Maybe they'd more a bit more maturity and a nurturing side that another might not... I'm stretching here.

• you will have a already made family to start from if she wants more