Would you allow your boyfriend or girlfriend to have a best friend of the opposite gender?

There's a guy I'm seeing and he has a best friend that's a girl. They've been best friends for a couple years. when they see each other they'll hug and kiss (on the cheek) and they say "I love you" when they say good bye to each other. Do any of you do this with your best friend? I don't know it just makes me feel like there's something between them

Most Helpful Guy

• If they already know each other for years I don't see a problem. She could be with him but she would be with me. I think it would mean something. Just our relationship would have to be deeper, I should be her priority, not him, just the way she would be my priority. With these details being observed, I don't see a problem.

Most Helpful Girl

• If they have been friends before you met him you can't say anything about it. I have a lot of guy friends, and there was never anything between us so if any of their girlfriends had issues with it that would be bs, because I am not going anywhere. None have had problems with it though. If they wanted something more to happen they would have done that when they were single not when they are dating someone. Also, you have clearly met her, so it isn't like he feels weird having you around her, or else I would suspect something. But this sounds perfectly innocent.

What Guys Said 3

• It's perfectly fine to me. I'd be an asshole if I tried to keep them from continuing their friendship. If you two are official then, well. There's a reason he's chosen to be with you and not her so just chill out.

• It's probably OK but it's going to feel really weird.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 3

• I don't see why not. My first boyfriend is my best friend. Nothings happened in 6 years...

• Of course I'd "let" him, who am I to ruin a friendship?

• I dont "allow" my SO to do anything. They can do whatever the hell they want, i dont control them. Plus i trust them so...