How can I get a girlfriend if I can't talk to girls?

I have slight social anxiety, so it's really hard to talk to new people.

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel like you won't be able to. Communication is pretty important to all kinds of relationships, romantic ones included.

All is not lost, however. If you begin managing your social anxiety, you should be able to make things happen. I'm not an expert in social anxiety because it's not something I have ever struggled with, but there are resources available. If you want to take a look at the "Anxiety and Phobia Workbook" written by Edmund Bourne, it's a good starting point for the management of anxiety. I believe it also has a list of resources specific to social anxiety.

Most Helpful Guy

• That is going to be tough for you in that case. I think that's the basic point, that you should at least talk to girls, have some interaction with them otherwise I don't think it's possible for you to get a girlfriend.

The only thing that can happen is a woman can approach you and talk to you but I am not sure what are the chances of that happening, chances are less I guess but that can happen, so if this happens then keep yourself open to talking to them.

What Girls Said 3

• I would practice the anxiety instead of killing 2 birds with one stones. Get out of your comfort zone slowly and just be comfortable talking to a girl rather then flirting or having that mindset. Unless we need you for something, we most likely aren't going to initiate the conversation. Make sure you have something to say though, it can get awkward when it's dead silent. Good luck :)

• I also have social anxiety, and I found it hard talking to guys! But I tried online dating, and met some pretty decent people! I have always found it easier to talk to someone online first. Yes, the first date can be a little nerve wracking, but just go somewhere low-key like a coffee shop or something :) hope this helps a little!

• You overcome your anxiety problems by stepping out of your comfort zone.

What Guys Said 3

• I feel your pain. You just gotta find someone you know that you are sure already likes you and just keep pushing yourself to talk to them. Motivate yourself in the mirror with encouraging word about yourself and listen to family and friends who build you up. Keep pushing and chasing that girl you wan don't give up no matter how anxious or shy nervous awkward whatevr situation comes up, think positive that you will have her and she will like you, cus uh duh she will ;)

• practice makes perfect
    seriously the best way to do it

• Honestly, your gonna have to force yourself out of your shell to talk to girls. Truth is most are not gonna approach you. They like guys who initate. Doesn't mean you gotta change your personality, it just makes getting a girlfriend difficult if you don't say anything.