Why did he un-friendzone me?

I'd been best friends with this guy for a couple months, let's call him Eliza. We're really close and tell each other everything. I thought Eliza had permenantly friend-zoned me, then after I got rejected by my crush, everything changed.

One day, I casually hugged Eliza goodbye. I didn't think it was a serious hug. A couple days later, Eliza told me I gave him the best feeling ever when I hugged him. Then he started talking about how he'd love to hug me, kiss me anywhere and cuddle me. I told him the same things. He also said he was turned on..

Why does he suddenly like me? I'm 16, he's 17.

Most Helpful Guy

• He probably hadn't thought of you as a potential girlfriend when you were after someone else, at least not seriously so being your friend was ok. Now that you have been rejected by this other guy, Eliza senses his chance to make a move for you.

In the past I have had a situation where I was friends with a girl and never really thought of her at all as anything else and then months later began to see her differently so it can happen. If you have been able to speak honestly about things with Eliza then that shows maturity on both your parts.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes Life Fools us with Besties at their All time Best and Suddenly... The Chemistry hits us like a lead balloon.
    Now that you both have Begun your Beguine of Nursing and Nurturing Something Special with 'Best friends,' you can go on with More in Store and See if it Continues to be as Magically High as being friends here, dear.
    However, might I suggest to Go Slow with Joe so you both can take this in Baby Steps... Things seem to be happening very Fast and you want to make sure it can Last.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 3

• maybe because when you hugged him he felt turned on. thats why he suddenly liked you

• Is this bad or good? You want him he wants you so what's the problem /

• Has he knew earlier that you got rejected by your crush?

What Girls Said 3

• He likes you, lucky girl! 💞

Did you ask him out in the past and rejected you? Well he may just has changed his perception about you.

He seems to be pursuing you openly because he knows he has the chance now you're in dire need of comfort from being rejected by your former love interest. He may be hiding his feelings for you for a long time and your crush friendzoning you might be his blessing in disguise for him to show his feelings to you.

There's only one person in this world who would supply you the direct answer to this question: Eliza. An answer from him should be the one you should rely on.

• It could be loneliness, it could be feeling bad for you after getting rejected, or it could be that he honestly just likes you. You can only really find out from him.

• People's feelings change. It happens.