I flipped out on him because he didn't answer my text. How do I repair this?

So let's start with first place f all I know I was completely wrong for sending him such a needy text. We been dating for 2 months and everything was going great. He was on vacation for a week and told me how much he missed me and we got together as soon as we could when he got back and everything was great. Now I need to throw in here that he just started A huge remodel on his house and was doing a lot of the work himself on top of working at his job. So I knew he was super busy. The last time I saw him was Saturday night. I didn't talk to him Sunday. I sent him a text on Monday and he didn't reply. I didn't hear from him on Tuesday. I sent him another text on Wednesday afternoon keeping it very casual and he didn't reply. So this is where it gets bad. Wednesday evening I sent him a dupe long text saying I can't believe he would just disappear like that and how hurt I was about it and that I guess he changed his mind about me. Trust me when I say I went on and on. So anyway he called me about 2 hours later and said he was sorry that he has been incredibly busy and he didn't mean to hurt me. I told him how sorry I was and I shouldn't have freaked out like that. We talked about everything he was doing and the deadlines he was on etc. then he said he'd call me in the morning. Well he never called me yesterday or texted me. I'm not sure if he decided that I just wasn't worth it or what. I'm more confused then ever and I don't know what to do? Help me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds to me like an average guy that has a lot to do. What you girls might consider necessary (texting every day, compliments, gifts... etc) some guys just don't understand. I wouldn't give up on him just because of that, but try to make him understand how much you value keeping daily contact and maybe he'll get it eventually. :)

• Up to this point we did have daily contact that is what upset me I think. I know what I did wrong. I just need help making it right.

• My guess is he doesn't think you did anything, he just forgot it. Don't stress :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think your text is what turned him off, he called to apologize for not texting you back, so he understood and he was fine with it. It is weird that he is not even responding to your texts now but it has not been that long yet! He also just had a convo with you about how busy he is, he might feel like you two are good now and you understand how busy he is. I was seeing someone that NEVER texted me, I didn't text him either, I am not much of a texter unless it is to make plans, but it bothered me and I WISH I said something like you did! However, when this was going on I talked a lot to my friends guys and girls and we all came to this conclusion; Girls tend to focus a lot of their attention on the guy they are seeing and revolve their worlds around them. When guys are dating, you are added to his list of priorities but not the focus of them. If this is the busiest he has been since you met him (and house renovations are a HUGE stressor so I am guessing so) then he has a lot on his plate, you are still there, but his focus is somewhere else now. I would say to not keep blowing up his phone and realize you are still a priority but he has a bigger one to focus on. Back off a little and when his life calms down, he will come around, trust me.

What Guys Said 5

• Just apologize and explain you miss interpreted his response just say though you could have at least said love you and good night. No reason to keep beating up his feelings.

• I did say I was sorry (multiple times) he did too. It's not that fact that he didn't text me necessarily it was that he didn't answer either text. I felt like crap after talking to him about it. He's like the nicest guy ever. He told me before how he gets wrapped up in projects and I just hit selfish and I hate myself for it. I just don't know what to do now. He said Thursday and Friday would be the busiest days getting things done. I guess doing nothing is my best choice. 😔

• Explain that your brain was moving on overdrive and that you were tense. And that you just wanted to check up on him I'm sure if you phrase it right he will understand the apology.

• He is just not that in to you :( doesn't matter how busy you are, when you are in to someone you find time for a text, its a c ouple minutes.

• Why didn't you just call him in the first place? These are the sort of problems texting causes.

• Honestly because I knew he was busy. I have a guy friend that told me I should text him and I let him get into my head. Honestly I was upset because I hadn't heard from him but this friend of mine made it sound worse and he said I should text him. So bad advice from him. In hind sight I think he was trying to make it worse.

• Yeah always just try to call in these situations

• I don't mean to be mean, but are you really 44? Because you're coming across as MUCH younger.

• Fix yourself first. Try to find the source and deal with it. Maybe even tell him you need help. And you guys can work on it together.

What Girls Said 4

• I can see how that might have spooked him.
    I mean, put yourself in his shoes: he has a ton of shit to do already, in stressful times like that, a pushy woman might be too much to handle.
    how would you feel if it was the other way around?

Of course, a text takes 10 seconds to reply. I would be mad too if I where you. but it could be he simply forgot.

right now, you should lay low. he said he would call and hasn't. wait for a couple of days, ideally a week as a minimum to do anything.
    If by then, there has been no contact from him, drop a VERY casual "hey, just wondering how you and your project are doing"
    If he still doesn't reply to that, move on. In that case, he just doesn't have the balls to tell you he's not feeling it anymore and by then is just hoping that you get the hint.

• Can I ask u a question?

• @Batboy sure...

• She told me to do a little romance with her, time is passing so should I touch her private parts? Like butt etc she has a very hot butt but I'm afraid she would mind so should I give it a try?

• I'd leave it. It's not that you haven't made the effort and it takes seconds to send a reply to a text. If he wants you let him come to you that way you know he wants to.

• It kinda sounds like he's not that into you if he was he wouldn't be acting like this. If you are important he will not ignore you. FOR A FACT- men are never too busy to get in 30 seconds to text. I don't care what they say they are doing. My fiancĂ©e is a navy seal- and he texts me he loves me everyday and if I'm not going to hear from him he tells me and tells me when he will be back.
    Because good relationships mean good communication, you can't have a good relationship without it

• Have you ever not responded to a guy's text before that did nothing wrong to you but you just didn't feel he was worth the effort?