Is my coworker not interested in me any more?

There's this guy I work with who after a really long time of talking I found we have a lot in common. He would always stop by my cubicle to say good morning or to poke me, or for a quick chat. I always found that he was always finding a way to touch me, which I was fine with. We would send emails to each other back and forth throughout the day just chatting and getting to know each other. Even my coworkers who sit around me were telling me that he obviously likes me. He even gave me his number so after work we'd still keep talking. I even suggested we hang out sometime outside of work to which he was interested in. Lately though I realized I was the one who kept reaching out to him at work or after-work through texts. So I took a break from that and saw that he didn't make an effort to contact me at all. So the beginning of this week I reached out again, we talked for about two days and I didn't reach out on the third day and we didn't talk at all. Yesterday I was held up at work, he came to my area and spoke to the people near me but not to me. I looked up to see him leave and he didn't even make eye contact. Was he ever into me? Does he not like me any more? Is it my place to ask him if we're still cool? And should I try to reach out to him again?

Most Helpful Guy

• Completely within your rights for you to ask if you're still cool. His behavior switch calls for it. I have to wonder what happened when you guys hungout outside of work. I know I had a similar situation with a girl I'm friends with (less so now). She's not a coworker, just a friend of a friend. We started hanging out and I noticed she started developing feelings for me, so I backed off because I'm not attracted to her in that way.
    I didn't completely ignore her like that. Just creating that space so things can cool off and I can avoid having to let her down.

But given you're coworkers it is just has possible that he's developing feelings and giving himself space. Or that something when you guys hungout really turned him off. Like discussion of politics where you talked about how you were wholly for someone he's against. Or maybe you talked about that time you ran over a bum and kept going. I don't know how dark the rabbit hole goes. But you still definitely have rights to ask him of all is good in the hood between you two : )

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 2

• Try and reach out to him, but stop when he stops.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 1

• it could be either he got turned off by you or it sounds like someone else caught his attention. it could be anything