Should I wait for the guy I like or date a guy who likes me?

I'm 17 almost 18, I've never dated anyone. I really like this guy though, for anonymity I'm going to call him Ben. Ben and I are friends, not really close but friends. I have no reason to think he likes me, but there is a chance. He is nice and talks to me whenever he has the chance, but thats about it. But I like him!

Now I have another friend I'm going to call Kevin. I used to like him a lot a few months ago but my crush settled and I like Ben more. Kevin likes me. He's friendly, teases, tries to touch me on my stomach or hands, I have another friend who says he can tell Kevin likes me. I didn't believe him until yesterday, when he asked what I'd say if "Peter" (another friend of ours) asked me out (Peter likes me for sure but I'm really not interested in him..) and today, he asked me what I'd say if he asked me out. I told him I'm not going to answer that bc I was embarassed and nervous. Later he pushed the question. So now I'm almost certain he does like me. However, he has a girlfriend already.

I would only go out with Kevin if he broke up with his girlfriend and had a valid explanation of why he likes me more than her. Because I wouldn't want the same thing to happen to me if he likes another girl after me.

So I kinda want to give Kevin a chance. But at the same time, I'm crushing on Ben alot! I don't want to ruin my chances with him, ya know? Because the three of us are all in classes together. I don't know what to do. Should I wait around for a chance with Ben (or another guy I'm also lowkey crushing on outside of our school), or take the chance with Kevin and risk ruining any chance with another? Thanks for advice.

What Guys Said 2

• Both of who answered your question didn't understand you, i say you should wait for Ben because you like him more than Kevin, plus Kevin seems like a cheater to me i wouldn't be surprised if he cheats on you. I would say go with Peter because he likes you, but you're not attracted to him so just wait for Ben who might never ask you out or until you find someone else.

• jeez never wait for someone to be available, just go with the flow and concentrate on Ben

What Girls Said 1

• None of the options. You should not date someone you're not attracted to. However, I don't think you should wait for someone who may never be available to you.