Am I ignorant for not wanting to date a trans person?

So this trans (female to male) person really likes me and they want to date me. And I said no. I was telling my friend how I was just not comfortable with dating them because they were trans. Especially since they still look and sound like a girl. Then my friend got kinda mad and was calling me ignorant and transphobic. I'm not transphobic, I support trans people 100% it's just I would rather date a "real" guy. (Sorry I really hate using the word 'real' there because I know trans men are real men too. I just didn't know what other word to use)

Most Helpful Girl

• No. I also would never ever date a trans. Simply because I'm straight and I don't consider trans men as fully men... Tbh if you paint zebra stripes on a donkey, it's still a donkey to me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Perhaps we could phrase it this way. "He's too feminine for my tastes, and I'm just not attracted to him"

Forget about the trans bit (though it may be highly relevant, it doesn't need to be). Judging him by the terms he wants to be judged, as a man, you don't find him attractive or masculine enough. The end. He's not your type.

What Girls Said 3

• no your not ignorant I would never date a trans person that would just make me uncomfortable and creep me out

• no, I would not date them. That's just weird, I would feel like I'm lesbian even if the trans look like a man

• Thats just your preference, nothing wrong with it. Its like preferring one race over another, there's nothing wrong with it.

What Guys Said 3

• Nope it means you have values, people on this site are fucking retarded trying to peer pressure others into thinking its something you should simply accept.

• if she looks and sounds like a girl, then what actually makes her a trans?

• Well he identifies as a guy, he flattens his boobs down, he dresses like a guy, etc. Its just his face is still feminine and he tries to make his voice deeper but it still sounds like a girl. He looks and sounds like a lesbian, basically

• well in that case it´s like a gay person being angry at you that you don´t love guys XD that´s just stupid. you´re not ignorant if you have a gender preference for your partner. she tries to guilt trip you into liking her. does she realize how dumb that is?

if you don´t want to date a man then don´t date a man it´s the most legit thing to do in the whole dating culture. if she desperately wants to be a man, then you do not like her, cause you´re into women. i mean you even refer to her as "he"... this is to me the best sign, that you are not ignorant. i wouldn´t do that, cause me "man and woman" refer to sex not to gender. as long as you have a vag and boobs in my book, i won´t call you man.

• No you aren't. DNA determines gender, not surgery. You have the right to a preference.