Guy gave me his number and told me to contact him instead of taking mine, is he not that bothered if he wants me to do the chasing?

So I met this guy on a night out the other day we got on and kissed and he asked to put his number in my phone and for me to contact him to meet up by meet up I was getting the vibes he meant hook up. I've never had a guy give me his number before is this because he doesn't have to bother putting any effort in and he's not that bothered? Just curious, it's never happened this way round before.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well its something different. It could be a way to stand out and get in your head. Think about it, youve probably never posted a question about the numberous guys who have taken the typical path of asking you for your number. But here you are, on GAG, asking about the one guy who decided to give you his number rather than taking yours. So at the very least he surprised you and got you to think about him more than you would have otherwise.

Its also possible he believes you feel less threatened by his advances. Some girls might feel hesitant about giving a guy who they just met their number but if he gives you his its maybe less invasive and less likely to get initially shot down. you're more likely to refuse giving your number than you are to refuse taking his. So it kinda gives you more time to think about whether or not you want him to have your contact info instead of forcing you to make that decision on the spot.

Like instead of forcing you to give him a direct yes or no on the spot, its bassically saying "heres my number, so call me maybe" 😜.

What Guys Said 5

• it's a technique to avoid having a girl give you a fake number.

he's given you explicit, unambiguous interest and his contact info, you've already been "chased." Putting his number in your phone is far more assertive than asking you for yours. The door is wide open for you to return interest if you choose to.

• he´s just leaving it to you. he clearly told you he´s interested and he wants you to make the decision if you want him or not.

• Lmaoo you fuking geeds on here crack me up

• chasing only works if youve established a strong attraction

• Your view on this just makes me sad.
    It could be for any number of reasons. Since you already kissed and what not I would expect him to not be particularly daunted by "chasing" you. It would also have been rather silly if you made him do that.

• Why does it just make you sad?

What Girls Said 0