Why are guys so interested in me at first, but after a couple months get bored and stop talking to me?

This has happened to me more than once. I feel like instantly they are SO into me. But they get bored of me after a couple months and start talking to other girls. I can't hold a guy down. I am a shy girl and it takes even months for me to open up to my girlfriends, guys probably even longer before they see my true personality. I feel like I have a shy/serious exterior that they think is the real me after a month or two of trying to "break me" or get to know me.

A reason why it is so hard for me to open up is because I think about it too much. I think I need to open up to him or he'll get bored. Then, we hang out together and I feel so much pressure and self-conscious about every little thing I say. I also feel as I'm talking my thoughts saying "you are boring/uninteresting". Even though I know that is not the truth.

Then I feel like they meet other girls who are outgoing and they seem more fun and loose so they think they click more with them, and forget about or leave me.

I would get to that point if they just showed loyalty for a few months longer I feel. But that has never happened so I don't know.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think its you... just the guy. With any relationship there is an initial bliss, then it falls to a more natural level. This is likely what is happening with your guy friends. More likely than not, you are just going to have to keep being yourself and trying to find someone who will stick with you. It just takes the right guy. Keep at it and you will eventually find the right guy.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're over thinking too much, I'm like that to and it has happened to me, I think us shy girls need to be less shy and stop thinking so much, we need to be ourselves and if a guy doesn't like you for you then they aren't worth it. I don't know if you are ready for a relationship, if you focus on what you want with a guy, and love yourself more, I think it will be better the next time around :) I am not saying to change who you are just less thinking :) I've drove guys away because I would think so much, or have trust issues, I thought the same way as you, I started taking time for myself and really focusing on what I need right now and if the time is right then I'll look for someone. Was there something in the past that made you think like this? any bad experiences with guys? that could always interfere and we gotta just remember that not all guys are like the last guy, I hope this helped you in someway.

What Guys Said 3

• your boring lol that simple

• don't care most men like that ( not all )

• guys are the same way, plus we get impatient, especially when we want a "legit" girlfriend soo bad
    plus (the biggest mistake girls do) your expecting guys to do everything and it doesn't work that way and you'll end up with players if you do that

What Girls Said 0