Getting blown off for friends?

We've been together about 4-5 months. Due to distance, we only see each other 1-2 times a week, but we talk every day. Last weekend, we made plans to hang out and when I showed up to his place, he wanted to go to a friend's house with me. Supposedly this friend works nights so he never gets to see him. We stayed an hour or so and went back to his house. I was glad we would get to spend some time together, then his cousin came over. .. for the rest of the night.
The next morning, I told him it bothered me. I said I don't see him that much and if he wanted to see his friends, he should have just told me and I wouldn't have driven all the way there.
He said he did want to see me and apologized. He said he was being selfish and wanted to show me off to his friends. Does this sound like a valid excuse? What are your thoughts on hid behavior?

Most Helpful Guy

• I had the same thing happen to me I was thinking we'd have alone time together and we end up babysitting a 6 year old for 8 hours then at around 11 her cousins show up to sleep over "3 girls". Countless times her family would casually stop by and kill the romance and be a major cock block. Not a valid excuse in my mind that's kind of odd, I don't like that behavior personally. I am also the one who always drives. Is it long distance? or somewhat?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes life happens. Sure, it's aggravating, but just think about how often it happens. Is this a constant occurrence or was this the first time? You did what you should've done and told him how you felt. He was probably stuck between a rock and a hard place and wasn't sure how to handle it. He probably already knew you would not like it, but still tested out the waters.

If his reasoning was a real one, then be glad he wanted his friends to meet you! It doesn't always go in that direction. I don't think like a guy, so maybe this was just his way to see how you would react around his friends. I wouldn't be too concerned for this situation. If it keeps happening and he isn't listening to you and spending time with only you, then yes, I would definitely have to call him out on it.

What Guys Said 2

• Then clearly you're not a priority

• I read a long text

What Girls Said 1

• If he apologized about his behavior, he will hopefully work on his behavior to fix it. If he won't, then it's safe to say that you're no longer his priority in his life.