He's possibly moving away, I really like him, what should I do?

I've been talking to this guy since last October. We've taken things pretty slow, got to know each other etc. It's been really nice and refreshing compared to other guys I've spoken to. It's never about sex, never asks for weird pictures, just conversation. Over the past few months we've been talking more and more, now there isn't a day goes by when we don't talk. It gets pretty cute and flirty most of the time, but nothing inappropriate.
I live in London in the UK and he usually lives close by, but he is in America until July. He is voluntarily working out there for a few months. I know he's worked out there a couple of years in a row, and it's always been for 2/3 months at a time. Even though we're dealing with the time differences and he's just out there enjoying himself, we still message every single day. He's a very closed off person, and has openly admitted to struggling to let people in to his live, since his last relationship was physically and mentally abusive. Despite that, he's said he would love to see me as soon as he's back.

Last night we were chatting and he was saying how much he loves it out there and how it's so much better than back home. I asked if he'd ever want to move there permanently and he said "In a heart beat"
And now I'm worried that maybe us talking isn't such a good idea? I mean, I really do like him and I think he feels the same way but if he's got his sights on moving to America, will I just end up getting hurt in the end? What should I do? Should I ask him how he feels about our situation? Or should I just wait until we see each other in July and ask him face to face?

What Guys Said 1

• i literally have no fucking idea on how to answer that. well... logic dictates that if destiny seperates you two, you just have to move on.

What Girls Said 2

• you shouldn't tell him that on media, you should do it face to face.

• Tell him about your feelings. If he feels the same way he will talk about the moving situation with you but I don't think he actually means it about moving there permenantly in a heart beat because he would have done so already if he was that keen on it.