Why am I seeing average girls around me with boyfriends, but I can't get one?

I'm honestly not trying to sound conceited, but I've often been told I'm above average, I'm a pretty confident, open and friendly person, so why can't i get a boyfriend? What am i doing wrong? Abd wgy can an average looking girl get a boyfriend easily?

Most Helpful Guy

• It is unwise to compare yourself with others, especially in the human mating dance.
    I would suggest that you would be served better by a relationship with the right person, rather than a relationship for the sake of having one.
    Relax and stay alert for the sort of young man who can tick most of the boxes on your list of selection criteria.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe you are looking in the wrong places? Are you social enough? Do you really try to meet guys regularly? Have you tried dating sites/apps? There's a lot you can do to maximize your chances of meeting guys.

• Tinder is the worst, we assume the women below our league is looking to hook up so talk to her accordingly and out of our league are taken so most won't even talk even after matching I say sth like "thanks for swiping me right, that was kind of you"

• Ehm well I go out clubbing from time to time and I go to the library to study, those are places where I meet people sometimes, but I usually don't go out of my way to meet guys. I've been on Tinder for a while that was a flop but tinder is probably not the best app for dating xD

• Do you have suggestions of where I should go?

What Guys Said 11

• Honestly Mayne you just haven't met the right guy. Also maybe it's the fact that you can't get a boyfriend you want. There are probably guys who have showed interest and you just didn't consider them am option. If at any point you have rejected a guy then it's no longer about getting a boyfriend it's about getting the one you want.

• Yeah u right, I do have standards

• Some guys assume that hot girls are: more promiscuous, more likely to reject them, more likely to be stuck up, and more likely to already be taken.

• because average looking girls dont have high sctandards, they know they nore super hot so they give signs that you probably dont, maybe they sound more feminine than you, watch out for that confidence thing its good but its a two edged sword when it comes to girls and can make you seem less feminine, basically these are the reasons, or maybe its pure luck, shit happens trust me i know from my personal experience.

• average girls are seen as less risk of being rejected. Most guys assume that hot girls have guys swarming them already, and they also assume that a lot of hot girls are bitches for sport... and so they can be afraid to approach them.

• A person that might be average to you, might not be average to them. Are you approachable? Do you smile a lot? Do you keep "barriers" with you (I. e. Cross your arms, look at your phone, etc)?

• I guess that's true and no usually I don't 'keep barriers with me'

• What's your personality like, being good looking does nothing if you have the personality of a tea spoon

• Well I'm almost always friendly, I'm spontaneous, i can be very stubborn, I'm open minded, I'm calm when i need to be and also kind of Lazy, I'm definitely not a pushover, I'm intelligent but I'm not cocky about it, I'm energetic and i love to laugh

• Without meeting you or seeing in in person it's hard to judge but teh stubborness might eb putting peple of you might be coming across as a bit unyielding and have the "i'm always right" attitude

• Yeah I get what u mean

• dont worry and dont rush into these things. when the time will be right it'll happen, and never compare yourself to others because you may not know whats their relationship is like. it could be very bad but it seems they are happy.

• Maybe you're really really above and they scare you because you're so pretty. Yeah I hope I write this true. I'm trying to learn some grammars But not easy 😆

• do something for it and don't just wait for the next prince to come and pick you up

• I try! But I need practice, I'm not that great with taking the initiative :$

• Welcome to my world. But I have the disadvantage that most girls still expect the guy to make the first move and I'm quite shy 😒

• You are not smiling

• and i see much uglier and shorter men than me getting girlfriends, and i never had one. so what? i'm a weird antisocial beta. thats why i guess. i dont give a fuck about women and their silly little tastes anymore... . live your life the way it is. there are greater things than relationships... .

What Girls Said 2

• Because u need to stop comparing and look out more.

• Fugly chicks give good head. 😜