Did I legit ask my crush out?

So, I have a crush on this boy who's about a year and a half older than I am. But a grade above me. And it's so obvious that he feels the same way for me. Ever since I started to like him back, we always talk and text over snapchat and have even planned to have a basketball match.
Yesterday, I was hanging out with my friends and I was feeling bold so (with their persuasion), I messaged my crush and asked him if he wanted to hang out with me and my friends, and he could bring his friends. He said he couldn't at the moment, but it was so cute because he kept on apologizing and explaining the reason he couldn't. He then said "I would be so so down to hang out with you." Which was a very enthusiastic answer. So here's what I said, "Oh okay well then we should definitely hang out some other time 🤗". To which he replied "hey yeah for sure. Just tell me when and I'll definitely be there!😁"
So, by me asking him to hang out, was that me asking him out? Like on a date?😂 If it was, I don't mind. He's already done more than I have to show he likes me so it doesn't damage my pride. I'm just curious is all!

What Guys Said 1

• I wouldn't say you asked him out, but when you are hanging out, send him a text saying you like him, see where it goes from there

What Girls Said 1

• That is a guarantee he likes you! ;) Yes!!! Ask him to get ice cream or something. You could ask him to a professional sports game too? Or... just go to the mall!! Have fun!