Why does he get cold feet?

My boyfriend and I are in a long distance relationship and he has this habit every so often where he gets so lonely that he starts to question our relationship. He did it once very early on in our relationship, once in Dec 2014, and did it again last week. (We have been dating for 2 years and 2 months now.) Basically, he gets so lonely that he starts confiding in his friends down there, which then makes him question our relationship and if he's leading me on.

He called the other night upset and wanting to talk. I do not want to lose him; I am in absolute love with this man. This time, instead of pointing out things about me that bugged him, he was honest in saying that he doesn't want to hurt me and that he doesn't know why he's even feeling this way. I told him that we would continue to strengthen our communication and that at the end of the day, I can change myself, but not him.

I guess my question is 1) has anyone else experienced this before and 2) why is my boyfriend doing it? I have suspicions why, but rather than stating them, I wanted to see what my GaG community thought.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe his friends recommend him to break up. Or he is simply tired of the whole long distance thing. Plus, he probably misses the physical connection.

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 0