Did you ever regret not trying in a relationship?

So I dated this guy for 4 months.. we met through online dating and he was like the 1st guy I ever dated through a dating app.. during that period I was very preoccupied with work but he constantly tried in our relationship despite me not putting in any effort.. I always felt like we had different values which prevented me from taking this relationship to the next level but I guess I never really tried to get to know this guy cause of my initial doubts.. After things ended I focused more on work and started doing online dating again but I realized that it's pretty difficult to meet people with good qualities on there.. I thought there would be more guys like him on online dating but I'm starting to realize otherwise.. Did anything like this ever happen to you where you regret letting go of someone you previously dated for a few months?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've regretted being too nice and patient, not not trying.

• Patient in what way?

• You mean if you are always the one initiating contact then you know she's not really interested?

• @Lioness Yes. I show interest, I call, I propose going out or whatever. For a while. Then, if she doesn't do likewise, I stop.

Most Helpful Girl

• No I've never been in that situation before. If I am interested in someone I will put my all into the relationship. It was my last partner who won't even try in a relation, hence communicate. There's no point of just one person doing everything in the relationship when the person can even put in there other half.

What Guys Said 13

• I always try if I'm interested in someone, I put in the effort for them.

• Just the opposite - trying too hard, keeping them around is bad karma = trying to shove a square peg into a round hole. Best to let them go and if it's meant to be, we'll both mature and enjoy a seasoned, easy going relationship later.

I did let one go that was no taking BC pills as promised, otherwise I might have kept her a looooooong time... ooohlala!

• I regretted being shy, keeping to myself and not telling the women that I liked that I had a crush on them. I do the online dating now and it can be fun at times but sometimes the conversations don't go anywhere. I always wondered if women blew off guys from there looks instead of getting to know them. But I don't know

• It happens, regrets and regrets. people are different and unique in different ways.

• Letting go of people is something I prefer to avoid, but I know there were times when I could have tried harder in the relationship.

• If you're not ready to make it fun, don't bother doing it..

I had so much fun in the 2 world wars.

• Not in my last relationship. I gave 0 effort LOL and I ended up breaking her heart. Never date someone half hearted.

• Seeee that's why my standards are high lmao I know this would happen if I dated just anyone.

• The hell with the values... Everyone has different values... Did you like him,, did he like you,, was he good to you... Do you feel you wish you did not give him a chance? But if you did not click then maybe it wasn't to be...

• no cause i never had the choice xD

• I regret not being patient enough I guess. We didn't spend much time together. She always used work as an excuse. I don't know. I just find it hard to trust women. She was probably a whore anyway.

• Nope... I always felt like I put more effort in.

• I dont believe in online dating.. :)

• Many good women I dated while younger and I made almost no effort. Why not give this guy an apology and second chance?

• Why did you make no effort?

• @Lioness I used sex as a drug and had no respect for females.

What Girls Said 5

• No I never do. When I love I give.

• I tried.. hasn't worked out.

• Nope I always give it my all

• yes, now i give my best

• What's the point of even being with someone if you're not going to try? I don't understand that

• I tried online dating and wound up in the same situation except it was done to me. I was thinking that I could get a real date out of this thing. The guy was doing online dating instead of playing Pac-Man on a Friday night. He had no interest in me and couldn't care less. Interestingly he reverted and soon he did not want to take me out just go over to his house have peanut butter and jelly and play video games with him. The relationship if you could call that relationship quickly turned rotten I told him I didn't want to see him m again. He became very defensive and thought the relationship was going well. I told him that his opinion of the relationship was the entire problem he did not know what the hell was up or down and I refuse to teach them