I like him but everyone who I know hate him and are making fun of him what should I do?

There is one guy who I really like and he likes me too. He asked me to be him girlfriend but I told him that I am not ready yet but we are hanging out and hugging each other really often. The problem is that most of the people in our school (my friends too) don't like him and they are making fun if him. It probably seems really selfish from me but I am afraid that if me and him start dating they gonna make fun of me too. Most of the people in school like me and I will feel really bad if they start to make fun of me because of that but I will feel bad if I am not with him and that will make him feel bad too. I won't ask him to be togheter secretly because he will feel awful like I am ashamed of him. What should I do?
by the way I am 11th/junior/ grade, he is 12th/senior/

Most Helpful Guy

• If your friends opinions of you change that easily then they were never your friends.

Why do they hate him?

• He is a bit ugly and don't have a lot if muscles and our school is like 90% full with perfect looking girls and boys but most of them have awful personalities. My friends are cool but only to our friends circle and act awful with the rest of the world instead other student known as popular too which is needn't for me but I am kind with everyone/unsless someone make me to not be/but many people have told me that I have the ,, resting bitch face" so they think that I will be rude with them, they think it cuz of my friends circle too. Soo they hate him because they like to insult people and don't like the different ones.

• They are the only who I can stand in school and they are nice to me but act awful with him

• Almost all awful people are nice to those in their circle. It still makes them awful. Sounds like you should just spend time with the one dude since he seems to be the only non jerk around.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't worry about what others say. I'm close with a guy all my friends can't stand... I even almost dated him before I found out he was gay. What I did was I told my friends that I'm not gonna stop being his friend and that I really don't want to be put in a position where I'm supposed to choose between him and my other friends. It seems to have worked... I just hang out with him separately than my other friends. My friends still roll their eyes when I mention him but I ignore it. So I'd say you just need to be firm with them like that and make it clear you're not gonna ditch him. If they still make fun of you, they're not real friends! If he's willing to wait until you feel ready he sounds like a sweet guy. Sometimes the sweet guys are the ones who are teased the most, but that shouldn't stop you from being with him

What Guys Said 1

• As long as you like the guy.. why worry about what anyone else thinks.. it is your life not theirs.. that is the biggest problem in this world next to people starving when they should not be.. is worrying about what others think

What Girls Said 2

• stick to ur guns!

• When schools over it won't matter what other people thought of you

• Yeah but I have to finish this and the next year which is a lot of time