ADVICE NOW PLEASE. Should I just text him back and forgive him?

The other day at school we had a dance contest. Then my crush asked me why was I dancing if I have no hips. I thought that was extremely hurtful. Then next day he texted me and said, "I'm so sorry for what I said yesterday, please don't be mad at me. " I never responded, it's been four days. I felt that it was insincere and he wasn't man enough to face me. I will not be talking to him anymore until I receive a face to face apology or verbally expressed.
Apparently he also really likes me... like a lot. Quite frankly I cannot understand why you would make fun of someone you like. My sister says I should just text back and make up with him and that im blowing their out of proportion... But I really don't know. What do you think I should do? Do you think Im overreacting?

What Guys Said 1

• Yes, that was disrespectful on his part to do that. No, you are not overreacting as such. If this was just the first time then you can forgive him and give him another chance ( if you want too of course)

What Girls Said 1

• Sometimes people say the stupidest shit and its really up to you, I would if he likes me and is trying to make it up to me then its okay! Dont put the poor guy through more torture lol.