What are some reasons a girl will act not interested, and what are some ways to determine that she is?

Specifically with a girl with which you had been dating, but you messed up

Girl said she wanted to get to know each better as friends first after making out, I assumed that meant she wasn't interested but I talked to her two weeks later and it turns out that she really just wanted to get to know me better on a personal rather than physical level, but because I ignored her she said she didn't want to be with me anymore. I see her around the office and she's warm and flirty some days and cold and indifferent on other days.

What Girls Said 1

• It just sounds like you're looking for an excuse to think she likes you. Just ask her.

What Guys Said 1

• Can you give us more details? What did you do that has you thinking you messed things up?

• I just did!

• Okay. First off you didn't do anything wrong so I don't think you "messed up" You thought a girl wasn't interested so you decided to move on. That was good. Not sure why you thought she wasn't interested though. If a girl is making out with you, unless she is completely shitfaced, she is interested in you. You said before "dating" so did you go on a few dates with her and then this happened, or did you make out with her the first night you met?

My advice is to just ask her. Tell her you want to get to know her more on a personal level as well but because you think you 2 may have a connection and you want to see by going out more. If it doesn't work, move on to the next girl.