Texting someone new?

Recently, just started texting a guy after we hung out and kissed last week. He popped up on Facebook a couple of days after and we have been chatting since. But my question is, why does he read my message but then take hours to respond? Whenever he does respond, he sends me long essay texts and always keeps the conversation going! What's going on? I'm so confused!

What Guys Said 1

• I think he is one such person who takes a bit of time to reply but when he does he does give detailed replies to keep the conversation going, so as long as he doesn't take days, weeks, months to reply there shouldn't be any issues

What Girls Said 2

• Oh I know a guy who does that! My guess is that he either doesn't know that messenger has the read tags or he just gets impatient and reads it then wait till he's free to respond so you don't think he ignored you.

• He could genuinely be busy but at least he sends you texts right..