My boyfriend of 5 years forgot my birthday. What should I do?

My boyfriend of 5 years forgot my birthday today. He is such a loving and passionate guy, and let's me know almost everyday that he loves me. But I was a bit hurt today when he didn't call me. So I decided to call him and just casually mentioned in our conversation that it was my birthday. He said he felt like an idiot for forgetting and I could tell that he felt awful. I don't know if I should push the issue or not now. I feel hurt a bit still, but I know he feels even more hurt for forgetting it. What should I do and how can I make him remember important dates in the future?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, you are justified to feel hurt, sad. However I guess he must have apologized to you and if you thought he was sincere in his apologies then you should forgive him, I mean you can forgive him if you want too.

Most Helpful Girl

• i can't believe I'm telling you this, but it's just a normal thing for some guy. My boyfriend forgot my birthday too last year, but the funny thing is, he's the one who counting down the days 2 weeks before my birthday... but at the exact date, he was totally forgot it. he felt awful and did everything to make me happy. and also, he forgot his mum birthday too... so, it's just literally himself. don't overthink about it too much, just make sure that you're not happy with that, advise him to not doing it again, and teach him how to set alarm or reminder in his phone.

guys are too ego to set a reminder sometimes

What Guys Said 3

• You could store them in his phone's calendar

• Forget murder is illegal

• Is he stressed out or a reason why he forgot?
    It doesn't sound like him so I wouldn't make him feel bad. Maybe make a calandar of all important dates so it notifies him a week before each one.

What Girls Said 1

• That seems like a normal male thing to do, I would forget about it but next year I would do things like put it in a calendar and give the calendar as a Christmas present to him so nest year he won't forget

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! from a GAGer