Opinions? Is there such a thing as meeting the right person at the wrong time?

Is there such a thing as meeting the right person at the wrong time?
I've been seeing this guy and we both like eachother but he's moving to America in June for 6 months and then New Zealand for a year and a long distance relationship would not be realistic or good for ether of us.
personally, I'm a firm believer in whatever is meant to be will eventually find a way and if it's meant to be it will be :)

would love to hear other people's opinions though :) x

• Absolutely
  • Nope!
Just one more thing to add :)

Just to make it clear I'm not looking to make it sound like I'm waiting around for him. What I mean by 'if it's meant to be it will be' is that if we are meant to be together somewhere down the line he will come back into my life when it's right :) if I meet someone while he's away and I like them I will definitely consider dating them if I want to, but at the same time I'm not in a rush to find anyone, I'm just focusing on myself for now :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, When I started my new job several years ago I met and clicked with a female coworker, we got very close, I asked her out and she said she wasn't into me and had a boyfriend.( She was into me, I could tell as she never once mentioned this guy until that day)

I was hurt, I got over it and her... I bumped into her at work, to find out she was now single, and wanted to start talking to me again, she tried a few times, but the feelings I had were gone... all the love and affection I once felt turned to hurt...

Maybe if I had started my job a year later, we still would have clicked, and she would have been single and willing to go out with me?

So time does play into sometimes, she was the right girl at the wrong time.

Two things that you have to accept:

1. There are many "right people" in this world for you, you just have to find them...

2. You can't over think stuff like this, I tried, I put my heart on the line and it got destroyed, but I know she is not the one for me now. I will find another girl that I love, it might take a few more years but I have loved other girls before.

• Thank you for the MHO.

Most Helpful Girl

• don't have sex/kiss before he is moving, therefor when he has sex with somebody else while he is away you will be brokenhearted because it would be cheating.

just don't do anything until he is back. Wait for him, and by that I do not think: "Don't have sex with anybody else", but "have sex with whoever you want and he can do that too, but since you are not in a relationship neither of you is cheating on the other one, so you CAN continue to see him once he is back. Spend this 1.5 year thinking of how great it will be once you see him again. Be happy about what is yet to come.

• But what if he finds someone in either USA or New Zealand?

• Then why do you even ask?

• Because I was just interested in what everyone's general opinion on the matter as I have never saw a question asked like this and along with it being a person issue that I'm dealing with right now I thaught it would be an interesting topic to discuss. Is that okay with you?

What Guys Said 7

• Story of my frickin life. if i knew then what i know now... i probably wouldn't have acted the way i did... to quite a number of people..

• Yes, I guess that can happen.

• yes there is i think. but im just like you, i believe what is meant to be will be what is not, it will never be.

• if you meet the potential love of your life, when you´re in a phase where you´re sleeping around. that would be an example of right person, wrong time.

• Oh yes. I'm proof of it.

• It may happen, yeah.

• Doesn't make sense no. If you're meeting the right person at the right time, then it's either that it's really the right time and you don't realize that, or they're the wrong person and you don't realize that either.

What Girls Said 22

• Absolutely! I was in a really bad place in life the first time I met my fiance. (I actually had no idea he was interested in me and I specifically remember thinking "Ewww. I'd never date him" that first time we met.

It wasn't until a few years later that we were both in a better place; he moved closer to the city I was living... and we got along so well/we both were more mature and physiclaly attractive and in a stable place in life... decided to date and now we are getting married.

If something is meant to be, it will when the time is right. No use in forcing something to work.

• There is never a wrong time. Everything happens at the exact right time. And if a relationship should develop between you it would, whether it is now or later, it has nothing to do with the right time, it is just that some things in your life still has to happen before he becomes a big part of your life. It is not because the time is not right, it's just because you are not ready yet.

• It could also work the other way round and that it could be that he's not ready for me yet?

• Yes I actually meant like neither of you are ready for each other yet.

• I certainly think so; someone can be perfect for you, but you may not be in the best state of mind to have a happy and fulfilling relationship with them.

• "All you need for love is chemistry and timing. But timing is a bitch." - How I met your mother

• No wrong time. If he still likes you, he'll come back or keep in touch with you again. But who knows? you can also meet someone else while he's gone.

• I completely agree. I'm still open to meet new people and if I meet someone while he's away and I really like them I will date them :) im not waiting for him but at the same time I'm in no rush to find anyone ether! At this point in my life I'm just happy going with the flow and seeing what happens :)

• I guess so! )_:

• Sometimes. Sometimes it will work out eventually, or sometimes the universe is trying to tell you something by keeping you apart.

• well i mean i think its possible, but at the same time i doubt it. i used to think i met the right guy at the wrong time (because i was really ready to settle down with him, we were just too young and it was also long distance for the most part) but things did not end well. and not only because things ended badly do i doubt this theory, but also because i think when its actually meant to be, things will fall into place much faster. there won't be any major obstacles, things will go smoothly.

• Yes I do believe you can meet the right person but at the wrong time.

• Apparently so

• Yes I do believe that. Sometimes you meet people that you know are good for you but you're not in a place to accept them. Or the timing is just off.

• yes it can happen

• I don't think so. Everything happens for a reason. It may mean that you aren't supposed to be with him or that if will happen later. You just have to wait and see

• Absolutely. I met a guy and I met him at the worst time because he's leaving next year for his studies. I truly believe in second chances though so who knows what will happen

• No, it's never the "wrong" time. It's just not the "right" person for you.

• Yes there definitely is & it has happened to me on more then one occasion.

• I think so 😔

• No way, thats an excuse people use.

• You never know what direction life takes you... What is around the next corner.
    Ususlly things happen for a reason

• Definitely and what u enter next is 'love purgatory' 😔

• yes it is try to keep the right person as fiend and maybe the right moment comes.

• No not to me