My girlfriend wants to move, but I don't. Not sure what to do?

girlfriend and I dating 2 years now. There has been good and bad. Broken up a few times but never more than a day and we always come back. We have lived together probably 1 1/2 years out of that 2. I love this girl a lot, but she also annoys the shit out of me sometimes. But honestly a lot of women are like that, you just have to choose which type of crazy you can put up with. And I think I could see myself staying with her and having children, and being happy.

The thing is I met her when I moved back to my hometown of STL, MO, after living in KC, MO for about 9 years (college/work after). I wanted a change, and I missed being close to my family. Even though it is only 4 hours away. So I found a new job, made the move, and met my current girlfriend. Now 2 years later, her sister has found a new job in KC, and is having a baby. Her mom is now moving to KC as well and got a new job there.
She has talked about possibly moving there before, but never anything serious. But now she seems to really want to. The thing is I'm not sure if I do. I already lived there, and while I do like it, I also like St. Louis and being close to my family. 4 hours is not that bad, but it is far enough to where it would make it a challenge. She is not that close to her family, and I feel like she really only wants to move because she thinks it will make her happier. But I feel like it is basically the same place, if she can't be happy here, what makes her so sure she will be happy in KC. She also said she would be ok with moving back here if we have kids, so then why move anyway? Why not just get married and have kids where we are?

She says she wants to get married if we make the move, which would make me feel a bit more secure, but if she backed out I will have moved for nothing, and be stuck up there again. I do have friends in town, and the transition wouldn't be so bad. But I feel like I really want to stay here.

Should I let her go? Try and convince her to stay? Or make the move and see what happens. I am very close with my family, and honestly I want to be here for my parents if their health starts to decline or worse. I know they will not be here forever, but I don't know if I am confident enough in my future with this woman to make such a life altering change. I love her, but I also love my family. I don't want to have to choose between the two.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• I think you are right that some people are just never happy where ever they are. Grass is always greener, right? I would not move and give up my career just for her. Love doesn't pay the bills. Work needs to have some priority in life too. The only way I would move is if I could get a job as good or better and SHE also got a good job there too. If she isn't working or has a sucky job with no plans to get a good career, you might want to think about letting her go!

• After you have a conversation about and tell her how much you are happy here if she loves you enough she will most likely stay there. 90 percent of my wife family stays where we stay at. My family is scattered across a few states I rather move back to my hometown just because I like the city better but I settled here because I know being around all her family (they are close-knit fam too) makes her happy.

• Try to convince her to stay, if she refuses then decide whether you want to have future with her or not.