Why am I always the side chic? Is it me?

The guys I have dated, I met them online.
one guy, I realized I was a side chic all along. This new guy that I dropped a month ago, he didn't really prioritize me so i knew that I was just a side since I am so experienced with the dating game.. It sucks, it's like am I not girlfriend material? Funny thing is and probably the most annoying is the other guy honestly has no reason to be a player- douche ain't even that good looking. I'm over him now but back then I was so heartbroken over the situation

Most Helpful Guy

• hmm.. it could be you. don't really know enough about you to judge further.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because you allow guys to treat you like the side chick and you don't demand better.

You need to communicate with them and set boundaries regarding what you will and won't tolerate.

Are you a push over? Do you have a hard time saying "no"? Do you allow them to only reach out to you late in the evening? Do you only ever do what's convenient for him? Do you have sex too soon into the relationship? Do you do all the planning in terms of hanging out?

If you don't want to be the side chick, then don't allow yourself to be treated like one.

• I don't anymore. I now know better. There was this guy that I really like and I actually dropped him because he kept bailing on me. I ended up cussing him out of anger, and told him that he obviously doesn't respect my time.

He apologized and said I wish you all the best. I won't bother you again. Haven't heard from him 3 weeks now

What Guys Said 2

• Cause you leave your self out there for others to take advantage of.

• I wish I could tell you're one but we don't even know you
    So thanks for your statement

What Girls Said 3

• Who you meet and click with is chance. Who you get to know and continue to date is choice.

You can't change the fact that you've happened to (and will probably also in the future) meet guys who are not boyfriend material. What you can do (which you've already been doing) is to step away from the people who aren't interested in a monogamous relationship with you (assuming that is what you want).

• It sucks that they lie about it too. They tell me they want to develop but they're actions is all bullshit.

I really liked him too. Sigh.

• I doubt you're over him since you are talking about his looks as if that's the only thing that could possibly make him attractive. Pretty immature comment.

It could be you, could not be. I don't know how you behave in a relationship. Are you always in a hurry to be with someone and clingy or do you enjoy alone time? I wouldn't say it has anything with meeting guys online, either. My boyfriend I met online and I'm not a side chick.

You may need to change your standards or your type of guy.

• Well ever since I dated that guy, there were red flags in the beginning... There are guys out there who will sweet talk and I dropped him because he kept bailing on me- those were bad signs

• Try dating someone who doesn't have a girlfriend yet?