Serious question, are girls actually physically attracted to muscular guys?

I am asking this question because I've seen a lot of contradicting opinions. I dont know whether those girls who say they are turned off by fit guys actually are or if they just say to get perceived in a certain way, like less shallow.

I am also asking because I have been lifting for about a year now to get bigger, and truth be told, I dont like it, its seems more like a boring chore. My only motivation is to be more attractive to girls.
I love exercising, but if it was up to me I would spend 100% of my exercising time playing ball, not lifiting weights, I just like moving around a lot. But this results in a more lean body as opposed to what I am now.

So I am curious, is it worth the effort, as a guy do you get more attractive by putting in time at the gym lifting?

Most Helpful Girl

• It really depends on the girl. I know it's super vague and not helpful, but it's true. I'm a girl and I work out and lift, so I like guys who are more fit and have muscles also. But some of my friends like slimmer guys. It's really individual preference, and some girls do genuinely not like super muscular guys.

If you don't like working out then don't.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 23

• Personally, I'm not. I just don't think that muscle looks too good. It's possible to be broad and be pretty strong without a lot of muscular definition and look good, I think, but generally it's not my thing.

• I guess I am! <3

• Yes, yes I am.

• Fit - yes, very turned on. But if he is too muscular then it's a turn off.

• some girls love muscular guys. some don't. I think it's great that u want to stay in shape but if u hate lifting weights, then I think u should just focus on what u actually enjoy doing. You'll meet a girl that likes ur body just the way it is.

• It would have to depend on the girl and what she is physically attracted to. I like muscular guys, or skinny, etc.

• f yeah, i love muscular guys almost exclusively if he lifts he can lift me up against a wall if u know what i mean ;)

• I am attracted to muscular guys, but not the ones that look like the Rock. Lean / toned is perfect in my opinion.

• Personally I'm not in to it. But I especially dislike huge bulging muscles, but each to their own. I like all body types, the one I really dislike though is large muscles.

• some women are and some women aren't, it depends on the girl.

• don't workout for girls, workout to get healthy and more fit. Everything else will follow

• I love working out regardless, I just rather workout 100% by playing ball games, thats something I enjoy doing. I can't say I have fun lifting weights.

• Well you can make it more enjoyable by lifting whilst watching T. V (if there's one available), listening to music, or maybe with friends. Lol but don't force yourself to do something you don't want to or have any motivation for.

• I mean we do get attracted to them, and they do look nice don't get me wrong. In my opinion it doesn't really matter if your super muscular just as long as you aren't scrawny either soo you could get a little muscular if you want, you could never go wrong with having a little muscle :)

• Some girls are. Some girls are not.

• Absolutely! And good for you!!

• Yes. But there's a limit.

• I don't like muscular guys.

• But do you at least value the effort? I am not talking about someone who lives in the gym. But there is something to be said about having a job or college studies and still putting in time and effort to eat healthy and exercise , would you at least find the effort appealing?

• In that case, yeah I would appreciate his effort lol

• I'm attracted to muscular guys
    Don't do it for girls anyway, work out for yourself.

• I am because i'm a gym rat.

• I like toned not built.

• Yeah...

• The toned type not those high strung bulging muscle body builders

• Yes but not like extreme bodybuilder types

• Yes, and everyone know that already. Girls don't like fattie and skinny

• Some are, some aren't; people are just attracted to different things. Personally my preference is for thin guys. I think you should do the sport you enjoy, you will definitely still be attractive :)

What Guys Said 6

• I can't say if they are attracted to them or not, but they surely find muscular body in men attractive.

• I've noticed these ratios pretty consistently
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1969757-which-would-be-the-ideal-body-to-build-just-to-stay-fit-keep-facial

If I were you I would do an exercise that is healthy for you and that you enjoy.

• No, hot girls actually love fat unmotivated guys lol

• Your face and demeanour count way more. I'm a body builder and in terms of women, my football (soccer) friends have way more success in the pick up game than my gym buddies. Also when you play more team sports, you get out in a social environment that gives rise to more social occasions and women. For pick up, I would recommend team sports over solitary body building. Unless you want to be a full blown player where you gym but go out and create your own social circles.

• Toned, with some muscles defined. But the majority hate the guys with big ones.
    Girls basically admire some smooth lines defining the muscles, nothing more, the majority.

• They must be cause they sure don't go after fat, overweight or obese guys.