Met a cute guy today! But does he have asbergers/ADHD or just nervous?

So I met a cute guy at my college today.

I could tell he has something because he was very talkative almost seemed nervous but he started the conversation. He would talk about random things (Politics, military conspiracy) and look at in my eyes for short time then look away or around. Or if I was messing with my shirt or fingers he would look there. He seemed distracted and would look at passing people. He literally randomly got up left his stuff near me and randomly came back. He would not stay still.

I've known people with autism and asbergers and I wasn't sure what he might have... It could be asbergers because of the interest in one subject , and social awkwardness but... He started the conversation. I thought ADHD because couldn't stay still or focus for long. But then I thought maybes he's nervous?

help!!!

by the way I don't care what he has he was cute! And smart ! Had a good job I just wish I got his name/ number 😞

he deffiantly didn't look like he would have any trouble with female

Most Helpful Girl

• I have adhd and ASD, the dude just sounds like he's nervous.

He would have been able to keep eye contact with you longer and focus on you better. Since you are a new person to him, if he had adhd that would have been easy to just focus on you. Even more when your something he finds really interesting. Only look away when that person is boring and talking about a subject we don't give a damn about.

I will admit, you made it sound like you could easily slap adhd kind of label which annoyed me a bit. Everyone these days seems to just slap that damn label on every person that acts somewhat like adhd. So nobody truly believes when someone actually has it. -_-

• I didn't slap it on him I was only questioning.

But he COULDNT focus on me really he'd keep eye contact for short but but if I touched my hand, phone or shirt he look at at. Or he'd look at people walking by

• Well not sound flirty but flirty things to say haha

• Thank you for mhg. ^^

Hope everything works out.

What Guys Said 17

• He's a crack addict on the lam. His dealer is pissed about an exchange that went south, and the five oh are closing in. Deffiantly.

Or he's just awkward.

• Probably just nervous. Nervousness would explain all these things, no need to think it has to be ADHD or aspergers.

• My wife is an Aspie girl, that doesn't sound like Aspi behavior, Sounds more like ADHD than anything else.

• Thank you, you sure?

• Not really, of course he might have not thought of it.

• Damn it :(

• Well you're not a psychologist and going by your examples it could easily be a few other mental problems that caused that. It could also be perfectly normal anxiety from meeting a woman he likes.
    If this is his first time talking to a woman in a romantic/flirtatious way then it's probably normal.

• He's a junior in college I doubt he's never flirted or talked to a female before

• I think you should stop making assumptions and just ask him.

• Lol I'm too scared to. Plus I don't know if I'm going to see him tomorrow

• Kinda crazy how you can pick up on all these social intricacies but you can't spell 'definitely' or 'Aspergers.' Though for all I know he could have been extremely overt with them, I dunno, I wasn't there.

Anyway I dunno, sounds more like ADHD to me. If he were an autist I doubt he would have had the courage to try speaking to you at all.

• auto correct couldn't even detect her iteration of definitely.

lol

• You can't spell autistic so don't talk! Lmao

• This sounds like ADHD combined with nervousness. ADHD seems to be a common things these days so that is nothing that should concern or worry you. :)

• Seems to me he's has ADD/ADHD and tweaks on either concerta or adderall wich would make sense since we're right into the finals

• probably... just the nerves of talking to a girl he likes for the first time.

the end.

• He's got some form of autism. Take it from a guy that has it. I talk non-stop, I've avoided eye contact for years, I've been on the subject of the Titanic for almost eight years and I talk about random things. I think he's got a form of autism.

• How Cana girl tell if you like them? Or how'd I be able too tell from him since you think he has it

• By how you look at him. Look real cute and tell him that he's cute.

• If you like him it doesn't matter. Just ask him but kindly and let him know you are interested. But if just curious leave him be

• Ask him HOW? I don't want him to be offended if I ask and he was just nervous not autistic or ADHD

• Funny, but seriously take it slow it can work

• What can work?

• Maybe. maybe not

• Wow thats helpful...

• Because I have Aspergers and often times run out of things to say

• I mean he was rambling about random things he was passionate about. And he switched topics often but no real difficulty

• Fuck it. Most of the AS people are too over educated for a girl. That is why Newton had no wife or lover. Also, AS is seen guys dominantly.

• Might be high-functioning autism. That's what I have.

• Well I'm just wonder he was in the military, can u be in that kind of environment and be autistic? Even high functional

• Possibly. But you'll never know unless he tells you or something. Talk to him again next time?

• Hoping to tomorrow cause that's when I have class but I'm not sure if I'll see him though! "fingers crossed "!! If I do see tomorrow should I say him or wait for him to acknowledge me?

• Any other flirty ways?

• Are you asking wether I know if he's interested in me

• I think I might have Asperger's...

• If you can't spell Asperger syndrome , don't try to make a diagnosis. Leave that to a shrink.

• Sounds like mean but I dont have any of those. I think its just cause he's scared of looking at a certain place too long because he's afraid people will think he's staring. The getting up randomly and walking away part I don't know that is prob something. But the looking around and stuff is a nervous thing

• He did it like paranoid almost. He could look at me or my eyes for a few seconds then he'd be talking and move his eyes around (Not like crazy eyes) but where's he's looking. Didn't know what it was or if it was nervous. But when I had to go to class he almost seemed mean-like or not interested in me with was sudden and weird cause he wasn't mean to me or acted like that before

• no clue why he gets mad then.

• He just looked mad not got mad

What Girls Said 6

• Hey! He could have autism + ad (h) d. I recognize myself in the things you described (only keeping eye contact for a few sec and then looking around etc). Anyway, he sounds like a cute guy 😄

• What are other signs of ADHD and aspegers?

• Who knows, could be both or neither. The guy I love has both (and ocd as well)

• How could I tel or know? Can I have examples how he'd ace behavior or say?

• He could have social anxiety disorder

• But he approached me and this random girl and asked a random question then talked to us /me when she left. I have social anxiety and I wouldn't be able to approach someone like that

• To me if you really like him I would ask him.. I know that is hard, I can't tell you what it maybe, but probably ADHD

• How? I wouldn't want to offend him if he's just was nervous and not ADHD or autistic

• 0|0
    • lol @ the anonymity.

grow up.

• @orphan wow you're awesome... Not!

• @orphan not meant for you!!! Meant for person who reported post! Sorry it automatically tagged you

• I doubt he has ADHD. He was simply feeling nervous.

• How can you be sure though?

• Yeah but with girls/females?

• Even towards females he was into.