Can people really just lose feelings?

My friend went through a breakup and all her boyfriend said was that he didn't have feelings for her anymore... they'd been having some minor problems but things got better and then he just decided to cut her out of his life not because of the problems but because he didn't have feelings anymore. They were together a little under a year. Is it really possible just to lose feelings with no real explanation?

Most Helpful Guy

• Why wouldn't it be possible to lose feelings or shutdown one's feelings? It is also possible feelings were lost gradually. Minor problems were mentioned as well which may have been more important than first thought.

What Guys Said 2

• Yes, it's possible it can happen but only when the other person has done something very wrong, like cheating or flirting with " N" number of people always, dating others while they are still in a relationship and so on.

In that case it's possible to lose feelings for that person.

• According to me, a guy loses feeling only and only when the girl is a slut or flirts with a bunch of other dudes.
    I would personally not waste time being with such a woman..

What Girls Said 2

• People who lose feeling are jerks. A long term relationship is more than not feeling it one day. Its like family you hate them and you fight but you love them nevertheless!

• Oh really? People who lose feelings are jerks? Because it might not even be their fault they lost their feelings. Is hate a feeling? Because one could lose hate too.

• @Psi_Unknown I guess. meh I am numb when it come to relationships!

• Ha ha, true and same.

• Its not quite as simple as all that. In some instances they never really had any feelings for that person to begin with and it was somewhat of an infatuation that they mistook for something more (kinda like a crush) that goes away when they get board i guess. And if they did have feelings then at some point no matter what they may have felt if you're worn down enough your feelings kinda shrink i guess y'know i mean everyones got their own situations and feelings and junk. No matter how close you are to them im sure they only show what they're comfortable showin