Would you still date a girl/guy you REALLY like if there are high chances you'll be moving to another continent in some months?

• I would
  • I wouldn't

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow, I'm shocked so many people said yes. Why would you take the risk of developing feelings (you or them) only to be separated and hurt later? Don't get it. Unless you plan to keep in touch, but even then, you're not going to see them often if ever once their gone.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't do it. It's selfish and it'll hurt the other party more than it hurts you to leave. My ex did that to me, and only told me 1 day before he was supposed to leave (we were only together for 2 months then). He said he didn't wanna tell me earlier because I'd get angry at him, but it hurt me even more that he didn't tell me till the day before. LDRs are difficult & you may think you can make it work, but eventually the time zones & living apart from each other is going to catch up to you and break you up. I wouldn't recommend it.

What Guys Said 13

• So long as they know, why not? Seems kinda' simple. I mean, let them know, this is going nowhere in X months, but until then were both human, right? (I assume?) So if he's willing, and you are, fully realizing the difficulty that is in front of you, then BY ALL MEANS! Have fun! :)

• no i wouldn't want to get attached and broken hearted when they leave. if they were going to be coming back thats a different story yes i would date them

• I suppose I might, but I would definitely let her know that I'm moving to another continent. That way, she'll need to make a decision of whether she's coming with me or not.

• Sure.

• I said I would, but depending on if I went too, the aspects if not the whole relationship would probably end.

• No.

that's cruel.

• I would but I'd regret it later.

• Yeah cuz I live for today (meditate on carpet diem)

• Id want my last days with a loved one if it were so. Its sort of selfish but yeah...

• yes. i wouldn't let the chance pass by.

• I prefer not to get emotionally entangled with someone if there is a good chance it won't last.

• I would

• Yes, otherwise I would regreat what could have been. And the plans could falter

What Girls Said 10

• My boyfriend is moving to Dubai for a year in a few months and we still decided to stay together even though we'll probably have to re-evaluate everything soon.

• nOT a chance!

• I said I wouldn't if I really liked them. If I loved them however that would be a completely different story.

• Another continent..

Damn..

Umm..

Maybe not don't wanna run the risk of falling for someone & then end up being away from them

• Probably not. That's why I don't wanna date anyone here in Latvia, I know for a fact I'm not gonna stay here for long anyways.

• i would but i'd feel guilty but yolo

• currently happening to me

• If I really like I think yes. You need follow heart sometimes :)

• I would and when I live I would dump him

• Quite frankly, I believe the onus is on the guy. He needs to want you more. We as women would go to the end of the earth to find and keep true love. Men aren't like that unless they want you.