My boyfriend won't allow me to express how much I love him?

I've known my boyfriend for almost 4 months and been dating for almost 2 and everytime I try to do nice things for him he just shuts it down all the time. I've offered to bring him lunch to his job and he's always trying to make me not do it. In his last relationship he was hurt really bad and everytime I want to show him I love him he pushes me away. Why is that?

Most Helpful Guy

• He's probably not comfortable yet to show you to the public like that.
    Maybe it's not usual in his workplace for that to happen, and he can be afraid of what others might think.
    I think it's a normal behaviour about that lunch thing.

Don't make him feel that he is the only thing in your life. Don't make him the very first priority about everything. That can come off as being clingy, despite you having the best of the intentions and I see that.

Not everyone likes that display of affections. Some people are more quiet about their feelings.

• The thing with him is that whenever I'm at his job he never wants me to get out of the car or roll the window down (he works in construction) it just bugs me

• ohhh, that explains it!!
      He sees his colleagues probably teasing everyone else about women and stuff like that.
      He knows they'll just drool at you, and tease him about it.
      Now I find it even more understandable for him to act that way (at least in the workplace)

What Guys Said 1

• I think he finds it hard to believe that someone can love him.

What Girls Said 1

• i think you like him more than he likes you. stop offering to do nice things for him and pull back. its only been 2 months anyway maybe he feels you are coming on too strong