Is it cheating if I leave my boyfriend for another guy?

I'm not having a sexual relationship with another guy. I just met someone I like better and want to date.

Most Helpful Girl

• As long as you Let your Other guy Know that you have another Joe, No... Not cheating at all.
    However, the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the female fence and if you should find out, Not sure you could back to The... Other.
    Think it over First.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 12

• Well, it will be only called as cheating if you date the other guy, you hang out with the other guy and have sex with the other guy behind your boyfriend's back.

If you do these things without ending your current relationship then it is cheating. However if you tell your boyfriend, give reasons as to why you are breaking up, if you end your relationship and then go for another guy, then it will be cheating.

• as long as you leave your current boyfriend before you do anything with this other guy, then it's not cheating.

• who cares... date both... lol

• sex or not cheating is cheating. if you do whatever you do with this guy without breaking it off with your boyfriend first than yea you are cheating

• By definition it is not cheating if you break off your current relationship before you start a new one.

• For heaven's sake, go for it! This is time in your life to fuck up, break hearts and make mistakes with no serious consequences.

• Without telling him yes by telling him first then no.

• Not if you left him as broke up with him

• As long as you break up with your boyfriend before starting to date this guy.

• To doesn't sound like cheating.

• can't say anything... but remember dont try to come back in your boyfriends life after some time

• If you have a boyfriend and another guys dick is in your mouth, asshole or pussy - then you are cheating.

What Girls Said 12

• No because you left him!

• It's cheating if you do something with the guy before you get out of your relationship.

• If you break up with your boyfriend and start dating someone else, in what world would that be cheating?

• Well I wondered how you got to know this other guy you wanted to be with instead while being with your current boyfriend 😐

• If you break up its not cheating

• Ur not cheating but leaving people as options will eventually degrade those relations

• Possibly emotional cheating. Depends.

• If you broke up with you boyfriend before approaching the other one romantically then no, you're not cheating. I'm glad you decided to break it off if you've found someone else you like more

• If you leave your boyfriend first, no. If you've done something with that other guy while you were with your boyfriend than yes.

• If you leave him then how is it cheating?

• No, it isn't.

• No it's not cheating. Just break up with the first guy, after that you can date who ever you'd like!