Would you buy a birthday present for a person you've been dating 6 weeks?

I've been seeing this guy and we get along great it's his birthday in about 3 weeks and I'm wondering do I buy him presents. If you were dating someone for such a short amount of time and they bought you gifts would it freak you out?

I really need help should I buy him a gift, yes or no?

• Yes
  • No
  • Other
Reason why I ask is my friend said I'd panic him buying him gifts. So I suppose I started to overthink ☺️

Most Helpful Guy

• if you don't, expect the relationship to be over.

think about it. if you were dating someone, and they knew your birthday was coming up, and they go you nothing, would it matter if you had been dating 10 days or 10 years? No. You would see that they didn't care enough to get you something, and you'd likely leave them.

it doesn't have to be anything expensive or extravagant.

Most Helpful Girl

• yes it would be sweet, get him a tshirt, video game, something goofy that shows you know him.

What Guys Said 14

• Yes, you should buy a gift, but you don't need to go over the top as you might if you had been dating for a year.

• First of all, I will never date in my lifetime, and even if I assume that I will date still I won't buy them any presents. However I will wish them on that occasion.

• Yeah, but something modest <£100. Or just take them out to a nice dinner.

• If its been 3 dates or more yeah something small and cute

• even simple or symbolic one ! it's very important and nice of you and will make him admire that, it's the gift type which can make him panic, choose very simple one, something small symbolic which he can keep with him during day and remind him of you, like a key chain or a lighter or a man bracelet bla bla bla, but keep in mind the gift type doesn't matter the presentation is way more important !

• No because birthdays are irrelevant and celebrating them long after the fact makes the celebration very late. Besides, why would give presents to someone who has a birthday? Being born is not that hard, is it? Usually you would think birthdays would favor the person who gave birth or the person who helped or assisted, rather than just the birthee...

• If I really liked her I would do something for her birthday. But at 6 weeks I wouldn't be thinking any big gifts. Maybe just give her an experience.

• not an expensive one, but sure.

• Yea well... you are dating him right, call me crazy but you dont make a guy your boyfriend if he's a stranger... so I'm going to assume here you know him longer than 6 weeks

• what better excuse to express how you feel in a text that never disappears.

buy a card, and fill it up w/ good ol fashion ink.

• Yes, just make it a small gift.

• I don't understand why it'd freak anyone out, that'd be awesome in my opinion! I'd love it.

• I would, but don't go over the top, and don't make it too "personal".

• Are you in an exclusive romantic relationship? Yes of course

What Girls Said 5

• I would, but the gift doesn't have to be something huge. Something small should be good enough, just to show that you care for the person that you are with. :)

• Yes something modest and cute in my opinion.

• Yes, I would get him something. It doesn't have to be a big gift, just something small. I think it's a sweet thing to do, just to let him know he is special to you.

• I'd say buy him something just go with something simple/small

• Yeah something small is fine. :)